WHV - applying and medicals

Old Dec 12th 2007, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of
Default WHV - applying and medicals

Hi

Our eldest daughter (20) has now decided that she wants to come with us We have been advised to apply for a WHV for her, just wondering how we apply for this and will she need a medical? and anyone know who long they take to come through?

Hopefully our visa will be through early next year so we would be looking to go June/July time, so if she wanted to come with us when would be the best time to apply for the WHV.

Thanks

Nicky
Old Dec 12th 2007, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of
Default Re: WHV - applying and medicals

Anyone offer any advice???
Old Dec 12th 2007, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Lausie is on a distinguished road

Hi
I have just applied for mine, I started the application online and it took about 2 months to complete due to waiting for medicals. I had to have a medical because I am going out there to work as a nurse. You can apply online at www.immi.gov.au

I am not sure whehter she would need to have medicals, I only think you do if you are going to be working in certain jobs but that website will tell you what you need.

It lasts for 12 months, you can only work one 1 employer for six months and you can only have 1 in a lifetime unless you do 3 months seasonal work in rural Australia and then you can apply for a second whv.

Defineitely check out the website though as that will give you all the info on all the different types of visa.

Hope that is of some help
Laura
Old Dec 12th 2007, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Normally you don't need a medical.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

lovingaus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
Anyone offer any advice???
Hi Ozzy Fever

I cam to Oz on a WHV with my other half. We applied online for one and it took 1 day to come through. Generally you do not need medicals for this visa. You can have one but if you apply for a second WHV you are not allowed to apply for any other visas after this so be careful what you do. I would advise to use the WHV to get here then apply for another visa when you are here.

Hope this helps

Tex
Old Dec 12th 2007, 11:12 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
Hopefully our visa will be through early next year so we would be looking to go June/July time, so if she wanted to come with us when would be the best time to apply for the WHV.
...there is not normally any requirement for medicals but this may depend if she had visited any 'high risk' countries recently.

I would apply straight away as I think she will have a year to enter from the date of grant. Don't leave it til close to Jun/Jul as there may be an annual quota of these visas running in the year Jul - Jun. If the quota is exhausted she'd have to wait til at least Jul 1 which might impact your plans if you all wanted to go together.

When I applied for a WHV, a few years back, I applied online one evening and got the visa grant email just a few hours later.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bcworld
...there is not normally any requirement for medicals but this may depend if she had visited any 'high risk' countries recently.

I would apply straight away as I think she will have a year to enter from the date of grant. Don't leave it til close to Jun/Jul as there may be an annual quota of these visas running in the year Jul - Jun. If the quota is exhausted she'd have to wait til at least Jul 1 which might impact your plans if you all wanted to go together.

When I applied for a WHV, a few years back, I applied online one evening and got the visa grant email just a few hours later.
Thanks so much for all your replies. I am going to apply after xmas for her.

Wish our visa grant only took 1 day!!!