who applying 457 thread

Old Aug 27th 2008, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

i am bumping this for any newbies
Old Aug 27th 2008, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

stubbieholder31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, well I have posted my woes on here before and I am still waiting impatiently for my 457 visa! It is exactly 8 weeks today since our application began processing. It still says ' processing further' I am getting soooooooooo fed up.
Anyone one else been granted theres lately?
Please Mr Case officer, I am not sure how much more I can take?
Old Aug 29th 2008, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stubbieholder31
Hi, well I have posted my woes on here before and I am still waiting impatiently for my 457 visa! It is exactly 8 weeks today since our application began processing. It still says ' processing further' I am getting soooooooooo fed up.
Anyone one else been granted theres lately?
Please Mr Case officer, I am not sure how much more I can take?
Hi, ours was lodged on 21st Aug, medicals & xrays requested on 25th Aug, so hopefully they will get there next week, not sure how long it takes after that?? Am I being a bit giddy thinking we should be booking flights for 4 weeks time?
Old Aug 29th 2008, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Domenic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,
Mine was lodged with the Brisbane office and took 1 month exactly from inital application to the visa being granted. I cant comment on other offices but I found the people at Brisbane and one young lady in particular very helpful and efficient.

I belive the Medicals go to a central processing centre located in Sydney, so it may take some time for them to be proccessed & married upto you 457 application.

Good luck

Dom
Old Sep 1st 2008, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

rh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nice

Hi everyone,

I applied for my 457 (plus husband) on Aug 21st. I have a CO and was emailed for x-rays (both) and medical (just me) a few days later. My understanding is that the link to the forms should show up when I check my application status - that doesnt happen! I have emailed my CO but have no reply after 7 days still. My medical is booked for in 10 days time. Am I doing something wrong or am I right that there should be a link there? Any suggestions?

While Im on here, anyone know what current timings are? My application is going through the Sydney City Office. Id really like to book flights and look for somewhere to live. Im hoping to start work on Nov 1st - is it reasonably safe to assume we will have our visa within 9 weeks of application to fly at the end of October?

I know these things have been discussed before but Im wondering if anyone has more recent info - or has the same problems as me with the medical forms....

Thanks all!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Post Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by rh8463
Hi everyone,

I applied for my 457 (plus husband) on Aug 21st. I have a CO and was emailed for x-rays (both) and medical (just me) a few days later. My understanding is that the link to the forms should show up when I check my application status - that doesnt happen! I have emailed my CO but have no reply after 7 days still. My medical is booked for in 10 days time. Am I doing something wrong or am I right that there should be a link there? Any suggestions?

While Im on here, anyone know what current timings are? My application is going through the Sydney City Office. Id really like to book flights and look for somewhere to live. Im hoping to start work on Nov 1st - is it reasonably safe to assume we will have our visa within 9 weeks of application to fly at the end of October?

I know these things have been discussed before but Im wondering if anyone has more recent info - or has the same problems as me with the medical forms....

Thanks all!
Hi, ours has taken 9 weeks Wednesday (3rd sept) and still no joy so it's a bit of a lottery I think? While some appear to go through pretty quickly, others really do take a long time. We are really fed up as unable to plan anything for definate which is so annoying.
I'l post again when I get any further developments but not holding my breath.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

rh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nice

Im sorry to hear that stubbie - I think thats the longest Ive heard waiting for a 457. Did you get asked for medicals and police reports and so on? How long have they been in?
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

ourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really nice

Hi im applying for a 457, and taking my oh and little boy on it too.
We sent in the visa 15th August had our medical yesterday.
Just waiting for it all to be finalised and i have a start date for the 27th Jan 09
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: who applying 457 thread

Hi there, yes police checks and medicals were requested from the beginning as our agent advised that they would probably be asked for anyway and it would save time if we sent them all together. They are now carrying out character checks apparently and it's these which are taking the time to process?????.
Why so long???????????????
Old Sep 5th 2008, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there, ours took 18 days from lodging it, we lodged it at teh Sydney DIAC in August. I think as someone said it's a lotterry, also depends on if the employer has been pre approved before the lodgement of visa, as I think ours was, this speeds things up somewhat.

Good luck to all waiting.....

We has only xrays for my daughter, and a medical check for me as I potentially might work with kids, no police checks, or character refs....again lottery...I think...

Last edited by plantpot; Sep 5th 2008 at 3:29 am.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Well that sounds like me....my employer and job is pre-approved, and my husband has been asked for a chest x-ray and myself for a medical. The hold up is getting the medical but I finally have it on friday so hopefully things will go reasonably quickly after that.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

BearFamily will become famous soon enough

woohoo...hello yol!!!! Haven't been on the forum for ages and ages, just got so sick of wishing and hoping and dying for things to get moving...needed a break from all the excitement!!!

So here I am again and AT LAST we've got our medicals booked for next week!!! Yippee!!!

Angela
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

fellows3078 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, my OH is currently out in australia having flown out on saturday for a job interview, had the interview on Monday and he has got the job! Can't believe it just seems really surreal at the moment. Just got off the phone to him, he's just going for breakfast and then the MD of the company is picking him up and taking him for the morning sightseeing in sydney before he flys back home! Its going to be a 457 as OH has no quals to speak off just 15 years experience and its regional so that will help as well.

Just wondering does anyone know how long it takes to got sponsorship approval and nomination, the company haven't sponsored before, or is this like asking how long is a piece of string!

Its taken me two nights and two bottles of wine to get through the whole of this thread but is fab and I have learnt so much so thank you to all those who contribute on a regular basis.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Hi, that sounds great! Congratulations to you both.
Like you said it could happen very quickly for you or like us drag on for three months?There is no real way of predicting time sclaes in my opinion as everyones case differs slightly.

Good luck!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

fellows3078 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, That must be really frustrating - I am the most impatient person in the world so I know this process is really going to test me. They haven't sponsored before and don't want to use an agent even though we have offered to pay so even though my OH is really excited I am trying to air on the side of caution that until they submit their paperwork I am not going to get my hopes up. I am the sort of person who would have insisted on leaving australia with a contract and all the paperwork submitted but not my hubby! We are now supposed to sit and wait for an email which will tell us to apply for the visa - great....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.