who applying 457 thread

Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Tabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really nice
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by Pep_Juani
Tell me about it!! I'm in the same boat... my natural state this week will be hangover: vino, vino and more vino!

lots of good wishes for you guys in Melbourne!

Pepe
Ditto to that

Bet you cant wait!

Congrats to Kewl on getting your visa......its a relief right?
When you coming over and where are you going?

Jackie and Steve
xx
Old Mar 18th 2008, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Great to see Jason and Pep on there way finally, you wont regret it
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ianhutch1

Thanks Ian, we are all really looking forward to it
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:34 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tabbiespice
Ditto to that

Bet you cant wait!

Congrats to Kewl on getting your visa......its a relief right?
When you coming over and where are you going?

Jackie and Steve
xx
Jackie,

I sent you a PM about the house, can you please get back to me?

Jules
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys. Well our meds have finaly being received in Sydney after been lost in the system for god knows how long. Was starting to get scared, as we are supposed to be going on the 10th May and i wouldnt have time to get them done again till then!!
We have been in touch with the case officer a few times who has been very good, and looking at the time lines on here it looks like the Sydney office is one of the fastest. But can anyone give us an idea of how long we will wait now? We dont think they will need anything else from us, as case officer has tried to ensure that already, and nomination and everything is approved.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Pep_Juani is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
Yes, man! I just cant wait any long! have the barbie ready! I'ts been really long way.

cheers!

pep
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Georgina H will become famous soon enoughGeorgina H will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pep_Juani
Yes, man! I just cant wait any long! have the barbie ready! I'ts been really long way.

cheers!

pep
Yay - so glad you are finally on your way!

We will deffo have to meet up for a barbie, drown away all the stress we have endured

Tracy/Jason - so pleased that you are sorted and are going to be starting your new life. It will all be worth it!

x
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Wolfman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BrynJill
How Fantastic to be already there.

I hope everything goes as quickly for me.

Good luck with the school hunt!
Did your 16 year old sit their GCSE exams before you left? My daughter is doing hers in the next few months then hopefully off we go!

Jill
hi Jill,

Sorry took so long to post reply, been MAD here the last 2weeks. Yes it is fab that we are here so fast, but its been a bit of a whirlwind haven't stopped to catch my breath since xmas really. We are lucky to be in a lovely furnished rental for 8weeks with ocean views front and back so that helps to destress with a glass or 2 of wine of course.then its back down to earth to find a property we CAN afford to rent long term, until our UK house sold
Spent whole week school hunting State, church and private and looking at areas. and guess what, chose the 1st school we looked at Mainly because of the choice of subjects for the elder 2. The 9 yr old was easy.
To answer your questions, my son (16) sat his GCSE's last summer he would be a school yr ahead of your daughter. He turns 17 May.
I would say its difficult for him as he is going into the final yr 12 here so he has missed yr 11 and a term of yr 12 so is having some catching up to do. He wasn't kean to go back into school & uniform(he was at college in UK) .We researched lots of options for him, & the guidance officer at the school has been really helpful. But decided that the best option for him is to finish his yr 12 give him time to settle and make friends in the area & apply to get credit transfer for his gcse's which may count towards his leaving cert. here. He wants to go the trades route anyhow & not Uni so not so major.
Your daughter will be in a better position as she sits her gcse's this yr, and depending on when she turns 17 may go into yr 11 here and then 12 next Jan, so should be fine.
pm me if you want any more info.
Where are you heading again? sorry if you;ve said.

Jac
Old Mar 19th 2008, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to behold

Hi everyone, have just got my internet sorted and managed to get my daughter to let me have five minutes on line so i could check ex pats. It is great to hear that so many of you have got your visas and to those still waiting keep going it is worth every bit of heartache and computer watching. It is all going well for us and i will post a big update as soon as i can. We are settled in a house in Sumerly (right near Dorothy which is wonderful) and i have started work and my daughter is in school. I am still busy getting straight but I am nearly finished and we have found time to enjoy ourselves and get used to Perth. I love it here and my daughter is settling in even though she has been homesick or should i say friends sick. My son arrives on the first of april and he can not wait to get here. If anyone wants any help, info or to meet up then PM me and I will get back to you as soon as I can. And thanks to everyone, without your help and support it would have been much harder to follow our dream. Good luck with everything Mandyx
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Mandy
i am so glad you are enjoying it, reading your post helps me remeber that all of the build up will be worth it,

Look forward to hearing how things go as you settle down,
Angi
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by midwife-mandy
Hi everyone, have just got my internet sorted and managed to get my daughter to let me have five minutes on line so i could check ex pats. It is great to hear that so many of you have got your visas and to those still waiting keep going it is worth every bit of heartache and computer watching. It is all going well for us and i will post a big update as soon as i can. We are settled in a house in Sumerly (right near Dorothy which is wonderful) and i have started work and my daughter is in school. I am still busy getting straight but I am nearly finished and we have found time to enjoy ourselves and get used to Perth. I love it here and my daughter is settling in even though she has been homesick or should i say friends sick. My son arrives on the first of april and he can not wait to get here. If anyone wants any help, info or to meet up then PM me and I will get back to you as soon as I can. And thanks to everyone, without your help and support it would have been much harder to follow our dream. Good luck with everything Mandyx
Hi Mandy

Really pleased that everything is working out for you. I am sure it will continue

Take Care
Tracy
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

We got it !!!!
Just checked the online status and its there Applicant Aproved
Were on our way
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by verystormy
We got it !!!!
Just checked the online status and its there Applicant Aproved
Were on our way
CONGRATS - Great feeling isn't it
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:00 am
Just Joined

JohnLor is an unknown quantity at this point

CONGRATULATIONS

Anyone else in the process of applying who wants to add their details?

Name...........City........Date Applied.....Meds Received... Meds Finalised...Visa

JohnLor........Perth.......19th Feb.........3rd March...........3rd March
BrynJill.........Brisbane....28th Feb........20th March
Kewl............Sydney.....22th Feb........3rd March
Old Mar 20th 2008, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

BrynJill is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnLor
CONGRATULATIONS

Anyone else in the process of applying who wants to add their details?

Name...........City........Date Applied.....Meds Received... Meds Finalised...Visa

JohnLor........Perth.......19th Feb.........3rd March...........3rd March
BrynJill.........Brisbane....28th Feb........20th March
Kewl............Sydney.....22th Feb........3rd March
Had our meds done today. Dr didn't really say much about them. Everything seems to be ok except my eyesight is rubbish especially with my new contact lenses. Just acceptable for driving. He just suggested I took them back again as I'd already complained about them once.
I,ve been told to ring next Fiday to give time for blood results coming back and then they'll be able to tell me if they've been sent off or need anything further.

Jill
Congratulations on your Visa, verystormy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.