Where is my CO?

Old Dec 10th 2009, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

charw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant future
Default Where is my CO?

Hey

I uploaded my new IELTS results on 04.12.09 & sent a PLE in the same date asking for allocation of CO. Had a reply on 07.12.09 saying that I ll be allocated etc....

I have uploaded my PCC's beforehand & sent medicals which landed in HOC today.

But no status change in my on line application & no contact from a CO.

Should I be worried, Any more PLE's , phone calls needed or not?

I know some feel it is silly to expect CO that soon but being in Cat 2 + Nov 08 applicant I feel I should have a CO by now.

Sorry, it's hard to wait. Any comments from experienced guys?

Thanks
Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Where is my CO?

Originally Posted by charw
Hey

I uploaded my new IELTS results on 04.12.09 & sent a PLE in the same date asking for allocation of CO. Had a reply on 07.12.09 saying that I ll be allocated etc....

I know some feel it is silly to expect CO that soon but being in Cat 2 + Nov 08 applicant I feel I should have a CO by now.

Thanks
Don't worry. You will get one sooner.

CO may be allocated and processing your docs. They contact you only if an issue is there. As you have front loaded PCC & medicals, CO may be doing the processing silently without contacting you.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

xuberant is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey

Thanks
Have patience. You are no exception.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

charw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant future

I know CO's do not shoot the bull, but my concern is, to top Sep 23 attack, whether MODL review will be there before our cases are done...
Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:54 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey

Thanks
You got a reply that a case officer will be allocated. That does not mean that one will be allocated today, simply that one will be allocated. Frontloading medical and police checks is not going to put you at the front of the queue - why should it? Your application will be processed when it's time for it to be processed.

Bear in mind that it is now the holiday season in Australia and things tend to slow down quite a bit here with many people taking the school holidays off.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, give them chance!

We had our CO for 3 weeks, didn't hear a thing from them (I only know we had a CO because I called by chance the day we were allocated and they told me)

Only time I heard anything was when we got the grant. I seem to recall that the aim is to allocate within 2 weeks, medicals take time to clear.

I know its incredibly hard, but all you can do at this stage is sit back and wait...............
Old Dec 10th 2009, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Dorothy & all for your kind advice.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Amy Emerson is an unknown quantity at this point

Charw,

I think u should call DIAC first!!! Be patient and try and live your life first of all over there in your country. Why don't you try to take a vacation in your country this holiday season and be fresh in your mind. Get ready for 2010! Start fresh and give priority to your present job your doing. Remember life is short try to live it to the fullest. The visa will come when it has to come... it's all in God's hands. Take it easy Charw.

Best wishes!!!!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

alzo will become famous soon enoughalzo will become famous soon enough

I got our grant letter at the beginning of nov and like you applied as an accountant. I am surprised that you still have not heard back.

After doing the IELTS it took approx 2mts to hear back and I would suggest first checking the other thread (medical centre update) and see what folks are saying about how long their Meds took to finalise once they received it. Ours as an example took approx 5-7 days and I got a confirmation from them saying the results were with the CO (even thought my online profile still said medicals were 'requested'). This will give you a good indication as the meds will at least have been finalised by sydney and all you are waiting on is the CO. If you have not heard from the CO within 2 weeks of the medicals final date I would be surprised/suspicious and then send a PLE to confirm that they actually did get the medicals and your PCCs.

As an example they thought my PCCs were not the final PCCs but a confirmation from myself that I had applied for PCCs. Go figure. After having it clarified the visa grant came in 2-3 days.

Good Luck!

Hey

Thanks
Old Dec 10th 2009, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are being a tad impatient here tbh Char. Altho you lodged last year, it is only a few working days since you became eligible for priority processing. You don't get a CO because you sent a PLE asking for one, having said that I think you will get one soon..

As you have frontloaded pcc and meds you might not ever hear from CO until the day you get your grant.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Another key thing to check and see is if they have actually re-prioratised your case to priority processing after the submission of the IELTS results.

Originally Posted by alzo
I got our grant letter at the beginning of nov and like you applied as an accountant. I am surprised that you still have not heard back.

After doing the IELTS it took approx 2mts to hear back and I would suggest first checking the other thread (medical centre update) and see what folks are saying about how long their Meds took to finalise once they received it. Ours as an example took approx 5-7 days and I got a confirmation from them saying the results were with the CO (even thought my online profile still said medicals were 'requested'). This will give you a good indication as the meds will at least have been finalised by sydney and all you are waiting on is the CO. If you have not heard from the CO within 2 weeks of the medicals final date I would be surprised/suspicious and then send a PLE to confirm that they actually did get the medicals and your PCCs.

As an example they thought my PCCs were not the final PCCs but a confirmation from myself that I had applied for PCCs. Go figure. After having it clarified the visa grant came in 2-3 days.

Good Luck!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey ,alzo, Bermudashorts , Amy Emerson, Dorothy, NikiL, xuberant, muditha and all.

I found my CO...

Could not hold on to it. This is just after call to ASPC. My case had been allocated on 10.12.2009.

What a news.... Thanks all helping me to keep my spirits up.

Now what?

Last edited by charw; Dec 10th 2009 at 10:51 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Congrats! Now get a bottle of scotch and drink the whole thing on the rocks. The next few days will be nail biting!!

I give it another 2-3 business days tops!!

Next mail the passport in to Australia house to get that pretty pink visa. Pack ur bags. Oh don't forget to pack 2 bottles of Jonnie walker while u are at it

Hey ,alzo, Bermudashorts , Amy Emerson, Dorothy, NikiL, xuberant, muditha and all.

I found my CO...

Could not hold on to it. This is just after call to ASPC. My case had been allocated on 10.12.2009.

What a news.... Thanks all helping me to keep my spirits up.

Now what?
Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Congrats! Now get a bottle of scotch and drink the whole thing on the rocks. The next few days will be nail biting!!

Next mail the passport in to Australia house to get that pretty pink visa. Pack ur bags. Oh don't forget to pack 2 bottles of Jonnie walker while u are at it
Alzo, Thanks,
Before party I should say my meds landed HOC yesterday So I doubt it will take an another 1-2 weeks to finalize. Then everything is with my dear CO.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:45 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

He didn't get a visa, only allocated to a case officer. It could be months before a decision is made on his application.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.