Where do we start?

Old Apr 30th 2006, 9:33 am
mellondon01

mellondon01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Where do we start?

Hi

My husband and I have decided we want to move to Australia, NSW Sydney. My husbands great uncle lives out there and we was wondering if we could be sponsered by him?

Also we are also looking a the skilled migration visa option, my husband is a Facilities manager and I am a OFSTED registered Childminder. Does anyone know what category he and I should put ourselves under on the SOL?

Any other options?
Old Apr 30th 2006, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do we start?

Originally Posted by mellondon01
Hi

My husband and I have decided we want to move to Australia, NSW Sydney. My husbands great uncle lives out there and we was wondering if we could be sponsered by him?
Unsure if a great uncle can sponser. The official answer on relatives is

'Relative' in relation to a Carer visa includes child, parent, brother, sister, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew (or step relative of the same degree).

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/fam...hers/index.htm

Also we are also looking a the skilled migration visa option, my husband is a Facilities manager and I am a OFSTED registered Childminder. Does anyone know what category he and I should put ourselves under on the SOL?

Any other options?
For skilled migration one of you will need a profession on the SOL, which can be found here http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

This may or may not give you enough points.

The MODL list would give you a better change, this can be found here http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...oc/gn_modl.htm

Here is a few pages that you need to make yourself familiar with.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...pointstest.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/faq/migrate/m...general/01.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/books6.htm

I would suggest that you get in touch with a migration agent to at least get an initial assessment done on your circumstances. Getting sound advice from the onset is invaluable and could be the difference in getting a visa or not.

Good Luck
Wendy
Old Apr 30th 2006, 2:26 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Any other options?
Hi

Absolutely no idea - but welcome to the Forum

Jim
Old Apr 30th 2006, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Any other options?

Facilities manager = what's one of them lol
Childminder is not on MODL or SOL, your hubbies job may be but I dunno what one of him is!
Good luck
Oh Uncle may be able to sponsor would depend on your points total and what visa you're hoping to go for....
Old Apr 30th 2006, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Hi

Not sure anout your husband but I know that as a registered childminder (I was one), there is no skill on the list. I have had to take a degree and incorporate a lot of other duties (support childminding, QA, funding, accreditation, EYE funding etc) to get anywhere close to the childcare coordinator skill.

If you want more info, let me know.

Debs

Hi

Any other options?
Old Apr 30th 2006, 9:00 pm
mellondon01

mellondon01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Where do we start?

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser
Hi

Not sure anout your husband but I know that as a registered childminder (I was one), there is no skill on the list. I have had to take a degree and incorporate a lot of other duties (support childminding, QA, funding, accreditation, EYE funding etc) to get anywhere close to the childcare coordinator skill.

If you want more info, let me know.

Debs
Thank you, how can I find out about all these I need to do to get myself on the SOL childcare coordinator skill. childminding, QA, funding, accreditation, EYE funding? what is EYE funding? how long has it taken you to get all these? is a NVQ3 Childcare course worth doing? is it recognised in Aus?
Old Apr 30th 2006, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, how can I find out about all these I need to do to get myself on the SOL childcare coordinator skill. childminding, QA, funding, accreditation, EYE funding? what is EYE funding? how long has it taken you to get all these? is a NVQ3 Childcare course worth doing? is it recognised in Aus?
NVQ 3 can be recognised must be over 2 years and in educational establishment for certain jobs (I know this as I tried looked into it as I work with kids NVQ very hit or miss)
You would well advised to speak to an agent to look at your options as they're so many varients your age qualifications work experience all could count for you or against you!
Old May 1st 2006, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

If you are trying to get a visa on your skill, an NVQ 3 does not count. I had a level 4 qualification and was advised that a degree was the minimum level of qualification.

An NVQ3 is recognised if you manage to get a visa on your husbands skill and you want to work over there as a childcare worker or want to set up as a Family Day Care Centre.

I have sent you a private message.

Debs

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
NVQ 3 can be recognised must be over 2 years and in educational establishment for certain jobs (I know this as I tried looked into it as I work with kids NVQ very hit or miss)
You would well advised to speak to an agent to look at your options as they're so many varients your age qualifications work experience all could count for you or against you!