Where to do medical?

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

depaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud of
Default Where to do medical?

Hi,

Can anyone confirm whether it is ok for us to do medicals in a different country to the one where we presently live?

We are in Saudi Arabia but there are no panel doctors in our area - we would have to travel some 500km to get to the nearest one here. We could however easily travel to Bahrain (which will be much closer) to have medicals done.

Can any of the experts please confirm whether there would be any problems with us doing this.

Thanks in advance for any info / advice.

Paula

(PS - please excuse the rambling - its just gone past midnight here and I think the brain needs some rest )
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Where to do medical?

Originally Posted by depaiva
Hi,

Can anyone confirm whether it is ok for us to do medicals in a different country to the one where we presently live?

We are in Saudi Arabia but there are no panel doctors in our area - we would have to travel some 500km to get to the nearest one here. We could however easily travel to Bahrain (which will be much closer) to have medicals done.

Can any of the experts please confirm whether there would be any problems with us doing this.

Thanks in advance for any info / advice.

Paula

(PS - please excuse the rambling - its just gone past midnight here and I think the brain needs some rest )

Paula - I'm not an expert but as far as I know - from what I've read there is no problem with doing this. As long as you use a panel doctor it doesn't matter where in the world you have your medical. I hope an expert can confirm this for you!

You may have seen another thread about this and the point I made there was that if you were just going somewhere far away on holiday then it might end up being problematic to have the medical done there in case there was a problem that needed further tests etc...

But since Bahrain is closer for you than Riyadh it makes sense to have it done there!

Good luck
Madhu
Old Feb 24th 2006, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

depaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud of

Hi Madhu,

Thanks for replying. I didn't expect it to be a problem but would just like it confirmed - hopefully an expert on here can do that for me.

I don't want to go and spend money of medicals for 5 people only then to be told that we have to do them again in the country where we reside.

Experts - Can someone confirm the position please.

THanks,
Paula
Old Feb 24th 2006, 9:28 pm
Stevefaulds

depaiva Wrote:
    > Hi Madhu,
    >
    > Thanks for replying. I didn't expect it to be a problem but would
    > just
    > like it confirmed - hopefully an expert on here can do that for me.
    >
    > I don't want to go and spend money of medicals for 5 people only then
    > to
    > be told that we have to do them again in the country where we reside.
    >
    > Experts - Can someone confirm the position please.
    >
    > THanks,
    > Paula
    >
    > --Yeh dont matter where,as long as its panel doctor on list,steve

Posted via http://www.mymigration.net