Where to certify documents in Southampton

Old Jul 28th 2005, 5:54 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Where to certify documents in Southampton

Hi everyone, Just wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere to get their documents certified cheaply in the Southampton, Hampshire area? Tight we know but hoping we might get a tip off! Thanks, Dave & Katy
Old Jul 28th 2005, 6:50 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to certify documents in Southampton

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Hi everyone, Just wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere to get their documents certified cheaply in the Southampton, Hampshire area? Tight we know but hoping we might get a tip off! Thanks, Dave & Katy
Hi Dave & Katy
Me again! LOL (can't keep away!)
When I am not on maternity leave i do IT/Tech support for Magistrates Courts & I know that there are some luvvly people at Southampton Magistrates Court who can arrange to do certified copies. Definatley worth ringing them or calling in to enquire.

On the website (http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/p...es/probfee.htm) it states the following:

Copy documents

On a request for a copy of any document whether or not provided as a certified copy:

(a) for the first copy the fee is £5
(b) for every subsequent copy of the same document if supplied at the same time the fee is £1
(c) where copies of any document are made available on a computer disk or in other electronic form, for each such copy the fee is £3

Their contact details are:

Southampton Magistrates Court
100 The Avenue
Southampton
Hampshire
SO17 1EY

Enquiries: [email protected]

Customer Service : 023 8038 4200
Court Manager : Helen Williams 023 8038 4221
Court Services Manager : Lin Schofield 023 8038 4242
Switchboard : 023 8038 4200
Old Jul 29th 2005, 3:18 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Claire! Wow - it soon mounts up hey! Anyone got any cheaper suggestions? Katy
Old Jul 29th 2005, 3:20 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Claire! Wow - it soon mounts up hey! Anyone got any cheaper suggestions? Katy
If you're really nice to me (!) and willing to travel to Fareham, I can do them for you. (I'm a solicitor)
Old Jul 30th 2005, 8:02 am
Drifting back to earth

Thanks Nicstids - when we've got them all ready I'll PM you and we'll sort something out. Brilliant! Dave & Katy
Old Jul 30th 2005, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Hi,
Not sure where you are in Southampton, but we used a solicitor in Totton who charged us £1 per signature. He was a nice chap. And he could usually see us at short notice. We had about three visits to him for various things. If you pm me I'll give you his number.
Cheers
Claire. x
Old Jul 30th 2005, 8:47 am
Drifting back to earth

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Hi,
Not sure where you are in Southampton, but we used a solicitor in Totton who charged us £1 per signature. He was a nice chap. And he could usually see us at short notice. We had about three visits to him for various things. If you pm me I'll give you his number.
Cheers
Claire. x
Thanks Claire - I've PMd you.
Katy
Old Jul 30th 2005, 9:29 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicstids
If you're really nice to me (!) and willing to travel to Fareham, I can do them for you. (I'm a solicitor)

That is so nice - I was lucky , I got most of mine doe thru' a barrister friend. I'm a nurse so had hundreds of bits of paper to be certified. I also had the last few done at the local magistrates court - £10 the lot.

Dave and Katy- between us - I'd go with the free offer - you'll never get a better one than that
Old Jul 31st 2005, 6:37 pm
Drifting back to earth

Originally Posted by sme
That is so nice - I was lucky , I got most of mine doe thru' a barrister friend. I'm a nurse so had hundreds of bits of paper to be certified. I also had the last few done at the local magistrates court - £10 the lot.

Dave and Katy- between us - I'd go with the free offer - you'll never get a better one than that

WOW! Did you really mean free! I had just assumed it would be at a bargain price! I think we are about a week or so away from being ready so I'll be in touch soon!
Old Jul 31st 2005, 6:48 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

WOW! Did you really mean free! I had just assumed it would be at a bargain price! I think we are about a week or so away from being ready so I'll be in touch soon!

I think he offered his services for nothing but I could be wrong
Hope not because I gave him karma for being a nice guy, you never know he may now be too embaressed to charge
Gillian
Old Aug 1st 2005, 11:42 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually I'm a she!

I did mean I'd do it for free. I've been through the whole visa process myself so like to feel I can help somebody else. (No sarky comments about solicitors please )I'd be quite happy with a couple of bottles of Aussie Shiraz! Hic!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 4:00 pm
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by Nicstids
Actually I'm a she!

I did mean I'd do it for free. I've been through the whole visa process myself so like to feel I can help somebody else. (No sarky comments about solicitors please )I'd be quite happy with a couple of bottles of Aussie Shiraz! Hic!

I knew you were being lovely

Sorry for changing your sex

Gillian