Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

When will we be able to apply for employer sponsored temp visa?

When will we be able to apply for employer sponsored temp visa?

Old Jun 19th 2020, 6:47 am
Austrailia future

Lucydeanjacob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When will we be able to apply for employer sponsored temp visa?

Hello everyone

just wondering if any one knows any sort of time frame on when we will be able to apply for a temporary employer sponsored work visa to come and live work in Victoria?

i am getting more and more worried now as we are in the process of selling our UK home , this was placed on the market before the corona virus pandemic. Unsure whether it’s best to take it off the market and just wait . We were planning on explaining to the buyer we can’t move until 4 months but now I’m thinking that we will be waiting a lot longer .

My partner is a plumber and has a employer in Aus he has advised he is still wanting to take him on although it’s just a waiting game now .

I keep checking for updates but nothing . For some reason I can’t find plumber on the skills list now either 😕

what’s everyone’s thoughts ? do you think It’ll be towards end year or 2021? Is it looking like temp visas will be much harder to get after this? I can’t help but think our dreams are shattered but trying to stay positive !

Old Jun 19th 2020, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When will we be able to apply for employer sponsored temp visa?

You're selling your house and dont have a visa and only applying for a temporary one at that. Are you sure you want to burn all your bridges? I'd be hanging onto the house and if you ever get a visa then renting it out until you have to return. I know people think it will automatically turn into something permanent but rules change all the time and at the end of your 2 years or 4 years you might want somewhere to come home to.
Old Jun 19th 2020, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Quoll. You are seeking temporary entry during a pandemic. Take the house off the market.
Old Jun 19th 2020, 8:45 am
Austrailia future

Lucydeanjacob is an unknown quantity at this point

We did think about renting the house out but if things were not to work out in Aus we would want a new house in England when we got back and would stay with family for a little bit . Plus I don’t like the thought of renting and being so far away if anything went wrong with the house rental .

we do really hope that’s not what we end up doing but you never know how we will feel! We’ve said we will stay 2 years minimum and rent for that period and after that if we are happy put deposit down on a house in Aus and apply for permanent visa. Obviously if we are not happy we would then come back and not apply for the perm .

i think I’m going to have to take house off the market and just be more patient and wait. We were all set to go mentally just before all of this so you can imagine we just feel abit deflated. I just hope it’s not even harder or impossible to move to Aus after this! 😕

Old Jun 19th 2020, 12:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lucydeanjacob
We did think about renting the house out but if things were not to work out in Aus we would want a new house in England when we got back and would stay with family for a little bit . Plus I don’t like the thought of renting and being so far away if anything went wrong with the house rental .

we do really hope that’s not what we end up doing but you never know how we will feel! We’ve said we will stay 2 years minimum and rent for that period and after that if we are happy put deposit down on a house in Aus and apply for permanent visa. Obviously if we are not happy we would then come back and not apply for the perm .

i think I’m going to have to take house off the market and just be more patient and wait. We were all set to go mentally just before all of this so you can imagine we just feel abit deflated. I just hope it’s not even harder or impossible to move to Aus after this! 😕
As the current talk in government circles is for the international borders to be closed until some time in 2021, I wouldn't be holding my breath. There are many temp visa holders who have lived in Australia for years but currently cannot return to their homes here cos they were abroad for whatever reason when the borders were closed. Even they have no idea when they can return, and you do not even have a visa or a home here yet so I think you are in for long wait.