When will original documents be returned?

Old Feb 21st 2006, 10:13 am
Just Joined

tchelseat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When will original documents be returned?

We're about to send off our application to the NZ London branch, and we're including all original documents (no certified copies). Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the originals back (including our passports!)? Will they keep them until the end of the process? Thanks for your help!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all
Default Re: When will original documents be returned?

Originally Posted by tchelseat
We're about to send off our application to the NZ London branch, and we're including all original documents (no certified copies). Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the originals back (including our passports!)? Will they keep them until the end of the process? Thanks for your help!
sorry don't know about NZ but OZ clearly states DOT NOT SEND ORIGINALS certified copies only
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Glenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tchelseat

Never send original documents unless specifically instructed to do so.

Apart from the risk of them gettting lost in the mail and then you are stuffed, most bureaucracies will not return documents.

Always send certfiied copies unless specifically instructed to send originals.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

Helen C is an unknown quantity at this point

Obviously you have ignored the previous posts as they know nothing about the paper trail to NZ.

From the homework I have done the originals are returned quite quickly. Make sure you also send a photocopy of each one for them to keep. (But I'm sure you've got that bit covered already) I presume you have looked at www.immigration.govt.nz/london you could always contact them directly to ask, just to set your mind at rest.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 9:58 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Helen C
Obviously you have ignored the previous posts as they know nothing about the paper trail to NZ.

As far as I'm aware Glen Newton knows what he's on about!!!!! What makes you more of an expert out of interest?
Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Helen C is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
As far as I'm aware Glen Newton knows what he's on about!!!!! What makes you more of an expert out of interest?

It is not meant to be read in a bitchy manner. That's the problem with postings. If you could hear me verbally, you would have got it in a different way. I also do not pretend to be an expert, but if you are heading for NZ you would know that 'originals or certified copies' are requested once you are invited to apply, whereas Oz only request 'certified copies'.

My post was supposed to be helpful, not to start one of those ongoing debates that so many other topics turn into. I apologise if the way it is written offends you.

Regards, Helen

Last edited by Helen C; Feb 24th 2006 at 10:22 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:29 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Helen C
It is not meant to be read in a bitchy manner. That's the problem with postings. If you could hear me verbally, you would have got it in a different way. I also do not pretend to be an expert, but if you are heading for NZ you would know that 'originals or certified copies' are requested once you are invited to apply, whereas Oz only request 'certified copies'.

My post was supposed to be helpful, not to start one of those ongoing debates that so many other topics turn into. I apologise if the way it is written offends you.

Regards, Helen

Helen I know its difficult on the forums to guage the tone of a post, its just that your post came across as disrespectful to the people who had posted before as you have just "assumed" that they know nothing about the NZ paper trail. Its the way it was written that sounded bitchy not the way it was read. Hey ho! its all good fun.

Jackie x
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Glenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Helen I know its difficult on the forums to guage the tone of a post, its just that your post came across as disrespectful to the people who had posted before as you have just "assumed" that they know nothing about the NZ paper trail. Its the way it was written that sounded bitchy not the way it was read. Hey ho! its all good fun.

Jackie x

My post had to do with a generic principle...which is to not send originals of anything to anywhere for any reason UNLESS specifically directed to do so by the relevant authority :-)