When are references checked?

Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

step1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question When are references checked?

When do they check references? Is it before or after medicals?

I want to remind all my ex-employers about my application just to be on the safer side. If the reference check will be done after medicals I can patiently wait before I send a few mails to my ex-employers.
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 10:52 am

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: When are references checked?

Originally Posted by step1
When do they check references? Is it before or after medicals?

I want to remind all my ex-employers about my application just to be on the safer side. If the reference check will be done after medicals I can patiently wait before I send a few mails to my ex-employers.

Friend,

Not necessary to check the references at all the times. If your documents are transparent enough they might not check. If they find any contradictory data or suspicious document they may do a ref checking. And they can do this at any stage also. Even after the med/pcc request they do the document counter check. Don't worry about this!!!!!!!!!!!!Just put a word to all your previous employer and present one in case if they check .....

Rgds,

Prince
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 11:54 am
Grateful

yinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the rough

Prince1975,

Just noticed the little text under your avatar that you're from Georgetown, Malaysia. Hey! Great to know a Penangite is here.

I am from M'sia too, currently in Kuala Lumpur.
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

holdingon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Prince1975
Friend,

Not necessary to check the references at all the times. If your documents are transparent enough they might not check. If they find any contradictory data or suspicious document they may do a ref checking. And they can do this at any stage also. Even after the med/pcc request they do the document counter check. Don't worry about this!!!!!!!!!!!!Just put a word to all your previous employer and present one in case if they check .....

Rgds,

Prince
Prince,

Thanks for your reply. It's good to see that Indian flag in your posts