when to apply

Old May 19th 2003, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

tracey710 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default when to apply

when should we put in our application if we want to go next sept/oct to nz . Should we include all the medicals police checks etc(is this front loading). how long is it taking at the moment for the full process and how much if you don't use an agent when you have your visa can you go out validate it and then come back .if you can how long is it then till you have to take up perm residence. And finally how long from visa issue do you have to validate. sorry so many questions but you all have so much invaluable knowledge for us beginners
Old May 19th 2003, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Andrew P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: when to apply

Wow, lots of questions, I'll give you the answers that I know and see who else can fill in the gaps.

1. when to apply, totally dependent on type of visa you are applying for. Can take years to get a visa.

2. Front end loading is when you include everything up front, so yes police checks (currently takign 42 days to come through), medicals (take a couple of weeks from ringing for appointment to completion) and all forms completed 100%, any stat. decs that are necessary etc. Then either email for an appointment, usually 4 weeks or so and if all's well they'll issue visa on the spot. Or you can post it in and they'll respond in a couple of weeks.

3. You can go out and get your visa vaildated and come back.

4. The date isn't from the date of visa issue, it is from the first date of the medicals or the police check, (these are only vaild for one year as well, so do't get them done until you know how long your visa will take to come through.) For example I had my medical last week so I have a year from then to get my visa vaildated even though I may not have ti through for another 6 months.

Hope some of this helps.