What's after getting the Visa Grant?

Old Jul 20th 2010, 7:34 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's after getting the Visa Grant?

Originally Posted by anu914
Thanks you very much for the infor... This is exactly what i thought.
Anyway, Shall I send a PLE to DIAC and get it verified? Is it required?
Guess that's the best way right?
Your visa has been granted. You are expected to validate and move to Australia before you start taking advantage of the benefits available to residents. In case you didn't get it in my first post, YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF AUSTRALIA UNTIL YOU HAVE VALIDATED YOUR VISA. How are you going to apply for domestic registration if you do not have an Australian address? Your address in your home country indicates that you live in your home country.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

anu914 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, Just wanted to verify whether there is a necessity of working for the first 2 years once we enter Australia and get our visas validate.
Will it be ok to start studies as soon as we go thr?

Is thr any obligation to work since we are migrating as skilled professionals?
Old Jul 20th 2010, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Your visa has been granted. You are expected to validate and move to Australia before you start taking advantage of the benefits available to residents. In case you didn't get it in my first post, YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF AUSTRALIA UNTIL YOU HAVE VALIDATED YOUR VISA. How are you going to apply for domestic registration if you do not have an Australian address? Your address in your home country indicates that you live in your home country.
Yes i understand completely. It is pretty obvious i think. It is because of this doubt that i have been asking abt this a lot.
Anyway, thank you very much for your clarification. i dnt think i need to ask from DIAC regarding this 'coz it really make sense.

Thanks again
Old Jul 20th 2010, 7:50 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, Just wanted to verify whether there is a necessity of working for the first 2 years once we enter Australia and get our visas validate.
Will it be ok to start studies as soon as we go thr?

Is thr any obligation to work since we are migrating as skilled professionals?
No, you are under no obligation to work. You can work, go to university, retire or whatever pleases you. Bear in mind that you are not eligible for any social security (unemployment/welfare) benefits for the first 2 years, so if you intend to not work you will need to have enough funds to provide for yourself.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

No, you are under no obligation to work. You can work, go to university, retire or whatever pleases you. Bear in mind that you are not eligible for any social security (unemployment/welfare) benefits for the first 2 years, so if you intend to not work you will need to have enough funds to provide for yourself.
Thanks a lot for the response Dorothy and thanks for clarifying all these important details for me. Yes, I was aware about not getting social security benefits for the first 2 years. I am hoping to start my research studies at Australia and plan of getting a scholarship as well. But now i have to first go thr to get all these things done.

Really appreciate your help. This forum has really been helpful to me through out my application and even now. Really grateful for that
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Hi all..
Since I have got my 176 visa under South Australia state sponsorship, do I need to go to Adelaide to get my visa validated or will it be validated even if I go to Melbourne.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 7:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all..
Since I have got my 176 visa under South Australia state sponsorship, do I need to go to Adelaide to get my visa validated or will it be validated even if I go to Melbourne.

Thanks for your help.
Your visa is validated when you arrive in Australia and go through immigration. So if you arrive in Melbourne it gets validated there because you go through Immigration there. You don't need to arrive through Adelaide, you can use whichever airport is most convenient for you.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

dsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the rough

Thanks you very much for the infor... This is exactly what i thought.
Anyway, Shall I send a PLE to DIAC and get it verified? Is it required?
Guess that's the best way right?
Just fly in to any Aussie city and get it stamped. Worry about applying for work or study later. Even if you in australia less than 1 day, you are considered resident. Just invest a small money for flight and get it over it
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you so much for the replies...

We have decided to fly to Melbourne in August and get our visa validated and then fly back to our home country and later apply for the Masters Degree.

Just checking, Do i need to live in Australia as a permanent resident when I apply for a degree? I guess not right?

My apologies if I am going on and on about this matter, but the problem is there is no other source for me to get these information. My grant letter doesn't state anything regarding these things and even in immigration website i could not find answers to my questions.

Therefore your support is highly appreciated. I am really worried about this because I really want to start my research degree in February 2011.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 5:03 pm
Still alive

Thank you so much for the replies...

We have decided to fly to Melbourne in August and get our visa validated and then fly back to our home country and later apply for the Masters Degree.

Just checking, Do i need to live in Australia as a permanent resident when I apply for a degree? I guess not right?

My apologies if I am going on and on about this matter, but the problem is there is no other source for me to get these information. My grant letter doesn't state anything regarding these things and even in immigration website i could not find answers to my questions.

Therefore your support is highly appreciated. I am really worried about this because I really want to start my research degree in February 2011.
Yes, you have to live here to be considered domestic.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, you have to live here to be considered domestic.
thanks Dorothy.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Muttiah is an unknown quantity at this point

From which country are you Anu?