What would be the chances?

Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What would be the chances?

At the moment my wife and I are awaiting a visa decision for Canada. Australia has always been our second choice if Canada does not pan out. If this turns out to be the case then what if any would our visa options be for entry to Australia?

A little background:

I am 45, was a vehicle mechanic till 1994 then 14 years as a food process operator for probably the biggest food company in the world. Besides the mechanic qualifications I have no A levels etc. Have done dozens of courses with enough certificates to wallpaper a small bedroom.

My wife is 41 (don't tell her I told you), she has vast experience as a credit controller. No formal qualifications, just on the job training. She has a couple of A levels.

We have an 11 year old daughter.

I believe we have some distant relative in Tasmania and what I consider ample funds to make a decent start.

So what would our options be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would be the chances?

Hi there

Any reason Canada might not pan out? If you have done your homework and know the criteria no reason you won't get a visa is there?

Unfortunately, you need to be under 45 to apply for a skilled migrant visa to Australia and I am not sure that your wife would qualify as main applicant, you need to check the skilled occupation lists for that.

With you as the main applicant the only option is employer sponsorship, the age limits can sometimes be waived if there is a willing sponsor and good reason why they need the extra experience. Finding an employer sponsor is not normally easy.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Hi there

Any reason Canada might not pan out? If you have done your homework and know the criteria no reason you won't get a visa is there?

Unfortunately, you need to be under 45 to apply for a skilled migrant visa to Australia and I am not sure that your wife would qualify as main applicant, you need to check the skilled occupation lists for that.

With you as the main applicant the only option is employer sponsorship, the age limits can sometimes be waived if there is a willing sponsor and good reason why they need the extra experience. Finding an employer sponsor is not normally easy.
No, there is no reason at all. I am just being overly cautious.

Why is finding an employer sponsor not so easy? We found one in Canada

Thanks for your swift responce.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GC44

Why is finding an employer sponsor not so easy? We found one in Canada
And I did not say it never happens I said it was not easy.

Try applying for some jobs then and see what happens.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

You can try to find a employer sponsor here, but even for trades people it is very hard. Most sponsorships are for medical / nursing staff or things like engineers. I would say the chances would be very slim
Old Nov 19th 2010, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Even if you were considering getting an employer to sponsor you for Permanent residence (ENS) you still need to submit a skills assessment.

Would those qualifications you have be enough to satisfy a skills assessment in Australia?
Old Nov 19th 2010, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

lloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Hi there

Actually, with the new points system due in Jul 2011, the age limit has been increased to 49. You won't get any points though. So you have to make up for points in other areas like English score, qualifications (only degree level and/or PhD.), state and family sponsorship. And lets not forget, you need to have a job assessed that is on the SOL to begin with.

Read about the new points system here.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lloydk
Actually, with the new points system due in Jul 2011, the age limit has been increased to 49. You won't get any points though. So you have to make up for points in other areas like English score, qualifications (only degree level and/or PhD.), state and family sponsorship. And lets not forget, you need to have a job assessed that is on the SOL to begin with.

Read about the new points system here.
Has it really? I think that is great news.