What is Schedule 6B

Old Sep 19th 2008, 5:12 am
Just Joined

Amy Emerson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is Schedule 6B

Hi,

I have a query on point number 28 on Form 1276. What is Scedule 6B? I checked in the Immigration site but didn't find anything useful. Anyone know what this is? Please help... as I don't know whether I fill this up or not. By the way I am applying for 175.

Thanks
Amy
Old Sep 19th 2008, 6:08 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is Schedule 6B

Originally Posted by Amy Emerson
Hi,

I have a query on point number 28 on Form 1276. What is Scedule 6B? I checked in the Immigration site but didn't find anything useful. Anyone know what this is? Please help... as I don't know whether I fill this up or not. By the way I am applying for 175.

Thanks
Amy
Are you claiming MODL points AND do you have a job offer from an Australian employer (this means you get an extra 20 points)? If the answer to this is "yes", then you fill this section in with the details of your Australian employer.

If this doesn't apply to you, then leave this section blank.

(This is actually explained on the form.)

Gina
P.S. The DIAC website says "Schedule 6" refers to the "Migration Regulations 1994". Sch 6 deals with the points test and qualifications for the visas.

Last edited by GinaUK; Sep 19th 2008 at 6:18 am.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:42 am
Just Joined

Thanks Gina.

I am claiming MODL points... BUT I do not have an Australian job offer. Actually I was planning to leave it blank but was wondering why there was a country code section in telephone no area if its is an Australian employer.

Anyways, thanks I will leave it blank.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Zach80 is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess thats a little confusing - why ask for the country code..if the job is supposed to be in Australia?

I am also claiming 15 points for MODL as my occupation is on the "list". I was under the impression that you need to have a job offer in Australia to claim 20 MODL points and only then you will give the australian address of the employer - but why ask for the country code?

Anybody else claiming MODL points can advice on this?
Old Sep 29th 2008, 2:28 am
Just Joined

Exactly... confusing, isn't it?

Appreciate if someone can shed some more light on this.

Thanks
Old Sep 29th 2008, 2:39 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amy Emerson
Exactly... confusing, isn't it?

Appreciate if someone can shed some more light on this.

Thanks
Hi Amy, Gina, Zach,

The drafting history of the Migration Regulations is that from 1994 the points test was prescribed in Schedule 6, however from July 1999 with the change in the scheme a new Schedule 6A was created for the points test and then for applications lodged on and after 1 September 2007 it's Schedule 6B. Generally if using an agent it's safer to get them to explain. If not using an agent best to use the DIAC website, checklist and information booklet (which is Booklet 6). In this case the MODL and employment offer requirements are explained in each of these source documents - not necessarily consistently and not always in perfect harmony with the legislation but I don't think it's possible to claim these days that the system is designed for unrepresented applicants so yes you do need to be careful, particularly when your source documents aren't consistent.

In this case the reference in the form to Schedule 6B just refers to the legal basis for claiming points, as Gina says you can research the MODL independently.

Cheers,

George Lombard