what is needed

Old Jan 5th 2014, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

billybophead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what is needed

Hi can someone give me a bit of advice please. I am wanting to emergrate to perth in feb 2015 . I am wanting some advice about what I need to do . I am a bricklayer off over15 yearson the bbuilding sites and 3 year re factory bricklaying in the steelworks . I think bricklayers are in demand over there.any help would do pleases . There is me my partner and my 3 kids
Old Jan 5th 2014, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what is needed

So to emigrate you presumably want a permanent visa such as the skilled migrant visa, the 189 or 190 visas. You can read about these visas if you search for them on www.immi.gov.au.

The process of obtaining a visa is broadly: obtain a skills assessment and IELTs test result (which you will need for points), lodge an expression of interest with DIBP, lodge a visa application when asked to do so.

The complication is that I believe that bricklayer is only on the CSOL, which means that you would need one of the state governments to sponsor your visa application. So before you do anything, I would look to see if any are. I think that WA might have dropped it from the list recently, indicating that they do not think there is any particular demand for this occupation.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

So I need to go and do a skills assessment then find a sponsor to get me out there. I thought they where in demand over in Australia. Was looking at perth way though. Do I have to do a crb check , medical , skills check, a 189 visa, and what else do I need thanks for getting back to me it is much appreciated .
Old Jan 5th 2014, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billybophead
So I need to go and do a skills assessment then find a sponsor to get me out there. I thought they where in demand over in Australia. Was looking at perth way though. Do I have to do a crb check , medical , skills check, a 189 visa, and what else do I need thanks for getting back to me it is much appreciated .
There are two types of sponsors, employers and state sponsors. I think you would be very lucky to find an employer sponsor, it is not common in the trades. Worth a try though.

With respect to finding a state sponsor, well there are only 8 states so I would have a look at their sponsorship lists before doing a skills assessment to be honest. If none are sponsoring, then you can't get any further anyway and the skills assessment would have been a waste of time. If you google "western Australia state sponsorship" or similar you will find all the lists.

Don't worry about medical or police check just yet, they come towards the end of the process and are a long way off for you.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot will google that now much appreciated
Old Jan 6th 2014, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: New CSOL Occupation List

Sorry for doing your head in lol . Just done a score there with visa said I had 80 points and could apply for a 190 visa ?
Old Jan 6th 2014, 3:03 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for doing your head in lol . Just done a score there with visa said I had 80 points and could apply for a 190 visa ?
Really

How are you scoring points?
Old Jan 6th 2014, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Just asked trade, age, partner , and a few other questions said I had 80 points .? So if that is correct I don't need state sponsorship ?
Old Jan 6th 2014, 6:17 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Just asked trade, age, partner , and a few other questions said I had 80 points .? So if that is correct I don't need state sponsorship ?
Unless I'm missing something, I can't see how you get to 80 points but even if that was correct, with the occupation only on the CSOL you still need state sponsorship
Old Jan 6th 2014, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

SKILLED VISASKILLED SPONSORED (STATE/TERRITORY) 190 VISA . Am I doing this right that is whst it is saying that I have passed with 80 points. :-(
Old Jan 6th 2014, 8:36 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

SKILLED VISASKILLED SPONSORED (STATE/TERRITORY) 190 VISA . Am I doing this right that is whst it is saying that I have passed with 80 points. :-(
Can you break down your points for us? It's really unusual for someone to have 80 points.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 8:38 am

I've moved the posts to your own thread since the discussion is more relevant here
Old Jan 6th 2014, 8:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Was this by phone with a migration company? or on a website? if si which website? Many companies will try and hook you in to soending momeny with them when you can't actually get a visa.

the site you need to use is www.immi.gov.au
Old Jan 6th 2014, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It is highly unusual for anyone to get 80 points, I would expect a phd to be in the mix if it were the case at least!

In any case, whether you get 80 points or 60 points you need state sponsorship as bricklayer is not an occupation that makes you eligible for the 189 visa.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for trying to put me right but I done it online. I used national visas web site ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.