Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

What if my job title changes after I submit?

What if my job title changes after I submit?

Old May 13th 2008, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Milley will become famous soon enough
Default What if my job title changes after I submit?

My job title might change after I submit my visa. My duties and responsibilities will stay more or less the same.

Will this affect my ACS application as well? Will I have to resubmit?
Old May 13th 2008, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What if my job title changes after I submit?

I believe that if you have submitted your visa you will be ok (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)
Old May 13th 2008, 9:01 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

ACS considers relevance/duration of your duties based on references, and I am assuming you provided one from your current job.

Anything happening past the application date is not taken into account. As long as you had shown relevant experience for number of years that's all that matters.

NJ
Old May 13th 2008, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

sehmbi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Milley
My job title might change after I submit my visa. My duties and responsibilities will stay more or less the same.

Will this affect my ACS application as well? Will I have to resubmit?

I Guess there is a form which you need to fill and send

Change in circumstances.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1022.pdf
Old May 13th 2008, 10:27 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sehmbi
I Guess there is a form which you need to fill and send

Change in circumstances.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1022.pdf
This form has nothing to do with the ACS assessment.

NJ
Old May 15th 2008, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

So it doesn't matter if my title changes? But what will happen if DIAC call our HR department and they verify that the title has changed?
Old May 15th 2008, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Milley
So it doesn't matter if my title changes? But what will happen if DIAC call our HR department and they verify that the title has changed?
Titles do not mean all that much, responsibilities do. I did not provide DIAC with the updated reference (even though it was just the date that needed changing) and submitted the same ones that went to the ACS.

Look at it this way - DIAC needs 12 out of 24 months for "recent" and 3 out of 4 years for "specific" (i.e. +10 points one) work experience. Soooooo, if you submit same ACS references **within a year** of ACS application, they will fit DIAC criteria. Remember, ACS criteria of 4 years minimum are broader than DIAC's, which means DIAC does not even have to know about what happened after ACS submission date and you still pass formal criteria.

But if you want to be, umm, excessively thorough then prepare a new letter in addition to the ACS one, and put a paragraph in, stating change of title and what, if anything, changed in your job responsibilities. "Closely related" occupations, i.e. minor changes to your job, are perfectly acceptable to the DIAC as well. In all, you have nothing to be concerted of, imo.

NJ
Old May 15th 2008, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice
Post Re: What if my job title changes after I submit?

Hope you dont mind if I post a Question on this thread as it is along the same lines.If you go out on a 457 visa do you have to remain in the same post with the company.For instance if a promotion became aviable could you

a, apply
b,if suucessful accept such a post
Old May 16th 2008, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by newjersey
Titles do not mean all that much, responsibilities do. I did not provide DIAC with the updated reference (even though it was just the date that needed changing) and submitted the same ones that went to the ACS.

Look at it this way - DIAC needs 12 out of 24 months for "recent" and 3 out of 4 years for "specific" (i.e. +10 points one) work experience. Soooooo, if you submit same ACS references **within a year** of ACS application, they will fit DIAC criteria. Remember, ACS criteria of 4 years minimum are broader than DIAC's, which means DIAC does not even have to know about what happened after ACS submission date and you still pass formal criteria.

But if you want to be, umm, excessively thorough then prepare a new letter in addition to the ACS one, and put a paragraph in, stating change of title and what, if anything, changed in your job responsibilities. "Closely related" occupations, i.e. minor changes to your job, are perfectly acceptable to the DIAC as well. In all, you have nothing to be concerted of, imo.

NJ
Thanks NJ, that makes sense.