what if.....????

Old Jul 29th 2003, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

grshakya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what if.....????

I applied on jul-02 and i had pass mark 115 (ASCO 2231-17) and now they change in MOLD and because i don't have 12 months of it will be pool mark 110. Do i get visa ???
It takes long time - change rule and may be cancelled after long wait.
Any idea
jiten.
Old Jul 29th 2003, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

SentApril2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what if.....????

I'm not an expert on this, but from what I've read, MODL points are added at the time of visa assessment, not at the time of lodgement. So, if you're application depends on the 5 points from the MODL occupation, you will lose those 5 points if they drop your occupation before your visa is assessed. I guess if you have $100,000 AUD, you could add 5 points that way.
Old Jul 29th 2003, 9:03 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SentApril2002
I'm not an expert on this, but from what I've read, MODL points are added at the time of visa assessment, not at the time of lodgement.
That is correct.

Peter
Old Jul 30th 2003, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

gokul is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Jiten,

In that case, you can try for STNI. Please check the states like South Australia, Victoria, etc. if they have your jobs in demand. If they have your jobs in demand, you can be nominated for STNI. That means you do not need to apply again for the visa and you save your time and application fees.

Cheers.
Gokul
Old Jul 30th 2003, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Gokul,
Can you please elaborate this, what is the process of doing this.
Your help will be truely accepted, what are the forms i need to fill for that.
With regards,
Jitendra.

Originally posted by gokul
Dear Jiten,

In that case, you can try for STNI. Please check the states like South Australia, Victoria, etc. if they have your jobs in demand. If they have your jobs in demand, you can be nominated for STNI. That means you do not need to apply again for the visa and you save your time and application fees.

Cheers.
Gokul
Old Jul 30th 2003, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Dear Jitendra,

STNI means- state territory nominated independent. Depending upon the skills in demand, a state can nominate you for your PR visa under STNI scheme. This is like other PR visa except that you are morally bound to stay in the state for two years. In this visa, there are some minimum requirements which I think you fulfill them. If the state nominates you for STNI, there will be no point test and you visa application will be procesed faster at DIMIA.

But your skills should be in the demand list of the state. For this, you have to check the web page of individual states. I do not know the web address of these states but you can search them from Internet Search Engines.

If you find your skills are in demand in certain state, you can contact them and they will provide you application forms.

I hope it will satisfy your queries.

Best of luck.
Gokul
Old Jul 30th 2003, 4:10 am
tommy2003

Hi Jiten,

I think you were requested for the medical and police checks, so what happened,did the DIMIA inform you that you have failed the points test.

Tommy

Old Jul 30th 2003, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

No Tommy,
They didn't say anything about failing in point test. It is just my suspection that if after long waiting, it they just cancell what is the precaution should be taken care so that it goes perfectly.
Yes, they requested my original police certificate and birth certificate of my new born baby.
I send everything as per there request, till now they didn't ask for medical check.
It is just prevention is better than cure concept.
Can anybody applied for STNI in this forum, so that i can get help from them.
With regards,
jiten.

Originally posted by tommy2003
Hi Jiten,

I think you were requested for the medical and police checks, so what happened,did the DIMIA inform you that you have failed the points test.

Tommy
Old Jul 31st 2003, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

My dear Jiten,

I informed you about STNI in the previous emails as I have been also nominated by Victoria for STNI visa. But I do not know if your job is in the demand list of the state. It is your job to find out which state has your job in the demand list.

Gokul
Old Jul 31st 2003, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Derek@forum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by grshakya
No Tommy,
They didn't say anything about failing in point test. It is just my suspection that if after long waiting, it they just cancell what is the precaution should be taken care so that it goes perfectly.
Yes, they requested my original police certificate and birth certificate of my new born baby.
I send everything as per there request, till now they didn't ask for medical check.
It is just prevention is better than cure concept.
Can anybody applied for STNI in this forum, so that i can get help from them.
With regards,
jiten.
In my case, they just sent me a letter and said that my applied skill is no longer in MOLD list.
They asked me whether I want to claim the 5 point by capital investment.

Derek.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Derek.
cannot you claim for bonus point for if you know the language other than australian. I'm fluent in Hindi as well. i'm going to ask this with my case officer as well how to claim for this.
jiten

Originally posted by Derek@forum
In my case, they just sent me a letter and said that my applied skill is no longer in MOLD list.
They asked me whether I want to claim the 5 point by capital investment.

Derek.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 3:19 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by grshakya
cannot you claim for bonus point for if you know the language other than australian. I'm fluent in Hindi as well. i'm going to ask this with my case officer as well how to claim for this.
jiten
http://ptlabs.topcities.com/faq0.html#m006

Don't you realize you can read this for yourself in the Skilled Migration Booklet? Now we know why case officers are so fed up with never ending requests for answers that are found easily if one just bothered to *r e a d* available literature!

Peter
Old Aug 1st 2003, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

Dear Jiten,

If you are fluent in Hindi does not mean that you will get extra points for language, you have to have a bachelor degree certificate where the medium of instruction was Hindi or you have to pass the exam to be a certified Hindi interpretor. I think this exam is held in Australia and this exam is complicated.

Regards,
Gokul