Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

What happens if the compnay i works for shutdown its doors ??

What happens if the compnay i works for shutdown its doors ??

Old Sep 17th 2003, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Shobhan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What happens if the compnay i works for shutdown its doors ??

Hi All,

I have been working in a compnay from 98 Oct to 2002 Oct, recently that compnay shutdown its doors. If i apply for immigration saying that 'i have experience and the compnay i worked for closes its doors'.

What will happen if i apply for ACS ? If ACS makes calls to compnay for enquiry, no one will be there to respond.

What happens if i apply for ACS/Immigration.

Will they consider my application as genuine or false ?

Shobhan
Old Sep 17th 2003, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What happens if the compnay i works for shutdown its doors ??

Hi Shobhan,

My first reaction would be to search previous threads on this forum - I know similar threads have been raised before.

From memory, I think previous advice included:

1) Visit the ACS website so you're sure you understand the information that the ACS would like to see.
2) Include payslips from the company (to prove you worked there). If you've no longer got them I think the tax offices may be able to help with an alternative.
3) If possible try to get a statement from any of your ex-colleagues outlining your duties. As you'll be more familiar with what the ACS are interested in maybe you could write it and ask them to sign it (if they're happy it's the truth of course).
4) Failing that, write a Statutory Declaration outlining your duties.
5) Include as much detail about your role as possible (bearing in mind the skills that the ACS want satisfactorily demonstrated) so that the ACS will not have any need or wish to contact your previous company.

This is only a start though. I reiterate my recommendation to search for previous threads.

If you're still unsure after searching the archives perhaps you could think about contacting an agent.

young_lad