What is the fee for 820 (801) visa please?

Old Dec 9th 2014, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

jimcz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is the fee for 820 (801) visa please?

I'm really confused about the fee for 820 (801) visa. The pricing calculator on immi website shows several tables with various amounts but I don't know if my English is so pure but I can't figure out what applies to my situation.

I actually asked the same question here some time ago and the answer was $1450. However, because we're finally ready to lodge our application and I want to be 100% sure, I've popped into immi office in Sydney, Lee street. However, the customer service was kind of poor, I was just told that everything is "clearly" explained on their website. Ok, I'm probably an idiot.

So I phoned them and the officer explained to me that it depends on when and where we applied for our previous prospective visa (300), how much we paid for it and when we're going to apply for our 820/801. I've answered his questions and been told that the fee is $1145.

Really confusing isn't it? The pricing calculator doesn't ask questions like the officer did. And none of the figures in the calculator shows $1145.

Could anybody try to help me pls?
Old Dec 9th 2014, 10:21 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the fee for 820 (801) visa please?

Originally Posted by jimcz
I'm really confused about the fee for 820 (801) visa. The pricing calculator on immi website shows several tables with various amounts but I don't know if my English is so pure but I can't figure out what applies to my situation.

I actually asked the same question here some time ago and the answer was $1450. However, because we're finally ready to lodge our application and I want to be 100% sure, I've popped into immi office in Sydney, Lee street. However, the customer service was kind of poor, I was just told that everything is "clearly" explained on their website. Ok, I'm probably an idiot.

So I phoned them and the officer explained to me that it depends on when and where we applied for our previous prospective visa (300), how much we paid for it and when we're going to apply for our 820/801. I've answered his questions and been told that the fee is $1145.

Really confusing isn't it? The pricing calculator doesn't ask questions like the officer did. And none of the figures in the calculator shows $1145.

Looks like $1145 to me.

Fees and charges for visas - Application for 820/801 by holder of 300 within Australia
Old Dec 9th 2014, 10:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If you are applying as the holder of a current PMV (300) its $1145.
If holding a former PMV (ie an expired one) its $1450.

Sounds like its the first one (got a feeling I've answered this one before with the same figure)
Old Dec 9th 2014, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks both of you for your quick reply. Her subclass 300 is still valid and that's why $1145 should apply to us.

You're right Pollyana, I mixed up your previous reply.

old.sparkles, I've finally found the table you're referring to. But it's strange (confusing) that the pricing calculator doesn't show this option at all.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 6:58 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks both of you for your quick reply. Her subclass 300 is still valid and that's why $1145 should apply to us.

You're right Pollyana, I mixed up your previous reply.

old.sparkles, I've finally found the table you're referring to. But it's strange (confusing) that the pricing calculator doesn't show this option at all.
It does show this option as that is how I got the price.

Current visa pricing / Live tab / Partner migration / Applicant in Australia - the option is the second one in that table.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 11:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The price is about to jump by 50% - I wouldn't hang about if you're ready to lodge your application.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...charge-848928/
Old Dec 16th 2014, 3:46 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The price is about to jump by 50% - I wouldn't hang about if you're ready to lodge your application.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...charge-848928/
Old Dec 16th 2014, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for letting me know..
Old Dec 16th 2014, 10:48 am
Home and Happy

Thanks for letting me know..
Alan Collet has just posted the new fees on the link above, what a hike Get in quick!
Old Dec 17th 2014, 9:32 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Alan Collet has just posted the new fees on the link above, what a hike Get in quick!
Holy Moly DIBP must have got a Ministerial to make more money
Old Dec 17th 2014, 9:37 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Holy Moly DIBP must have got a Ministerial to make more money
Its a horrendous increase, specially after the last two - when the skills visas became pay per person instead of per applicant, so did the Spouse Visas, which means that non-Aussie kids had to be paid for separately, but there was also a big hike specifically in Spouse prices as well less than two years ago.
I reckon you are right, somene sees it as an easy way to make money cos there will always be Spouse applicants, skills ones have dropped dramatically, but Aussies will always want to bring spouses in.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 7:30 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

DIBP have openly admitted the fee increase is to help with Australia's budget deficit.