What to expect next

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

emmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant future
Wink What to expect next

Hi everyone

We sent our visa application off to our agents last week and it will hopefully be sent to OZ next week.

We know we have a long wait ahead of us, can anyone tell us what to expect over the next few months and if our dream of moving to in November is too optimistic?
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:45 pm
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to expect next

Originally Posted by emmal
Hi everyone

We sent our visa application off to our agents last week and it will hopefully be sent to OZ next week.

We know we have a long wait ahead of us, can anyone tell us what to expect over the next few months and if our dream of moving to in November is too optimistic?
I would say you will expect the tension making sure your skills dont come off the new DIMIA SOL in April. (Like us)LOL

Really I would be getting organised to have your medicals done in a couple of months once you have a case number. Get your PCC's done too.

Above all relax and good things come to those who wait..

If you were MODL I would suspect you would get your VISA at the end of June beginning of July. So no problems for November.

If you are non-MODL - you might scrape it just !!

Nick
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

emmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant future

Unfortunately we are non-MODL so maybe we will be looking into the new year. We are at the moment in the process of getting our house ready to put up on the market as there are a few things to do before we sell it.

How soon after our application has been lodged do people suggest we put our house on the market? We will definitely put it up before we get the visa as we have heard so many stories of people not being able to sell up once they have recieved that piece of paper.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmal
Unfortunately we are non-MODL so maybe we will be looking into the new year. We are at the moment in the process of getting our house ready to put up on the market as there are a few things to do before we sell it.

How soon after our application has been lodged do people suggest we put our house on the market? We will definitely put it up before we get the visa as we have heard so many stories of people not being able to sell up once they have recieved that piece of paper.
It all depends on the housing market near you. Spring and Summer are good times to sell, but you have to think about what you will so if you sell before you have your visa.

If you are not that attached to your house then I would sell when you can and rent for a while. I wish I'd done that as now I'm stuck waiting for the house to sell.

I've only had it on the market for two weeks though, but they sell pretty quick here, so fingers crossed and all that.

Check out the property sites and see how much houses are and how quick they sell etc.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Aldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by nick72
I would say you will expect the tension making sure your skills dont come off the new DIMIA SOL in April. (Like us)LOL

Really I would be getting organised to have your medicals done in a couple of months once you have a case number. Get your PCC's done too.

If you were MODL I would suspect you would get your VISA at the end of June beginning of July. So no problems for November.

Nick
does it really make a difference if your skill is no longer on the SOL list - I thought you were OK as long as your skills were on the SOL when the application was submitted?
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:14 pm

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aldebaran
does it really make a difference if your skill is no longer on the SOL list - I thought you were OK as long as your skills were on the SOL when the application was submitted?
I thought it was when they looked at it !!

Nick
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

ShellnTez will become famous soon enoughShellnTez will become famous soon enough

it's at the time of applying that matters
shell
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one on ya TRA Nick

hugs Lace x
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by lacey21
Nice one on ya TRA Nick

hugs Lace x
Ta !

Nick
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:31 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nick72

There is a difference between the SOL and the MODL
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by JAJ
There is a difference between the SOL and the MODL
Yup J !!

I know that, not much else tho !! lol

Nick