Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

what does "ability to meet initial entry date" mean?

what does "ability to meet initial entry date" mean?

Old May 15th 2010, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

alhatti has a spectacular aura aboutalhatti has a spectacular aura aboutalhatti has a spectacular aura about
Default what does "ability to meet initial entry date" mean?

HI,
I have received an email from my case officer says "Please confirm if you and your family are able to meet your initial entry date of 29 June 2010. ", does this email means that I am going to receive my VISA soon, or it is part of the process, and maybe it will take few months??

thanks
Old May 15th 2010, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Ozzieland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what does "ability to meet initial entry date" mean?

Originally Posted by alhatti
HI,
I have received an email from my case officer says "Please confirm if you and your family are able to meet your initial entry date of 29 June 2010. ", does this email means that I am going to receive my VISA soon, or it is part of the process, and maybe it will take few months??

thanks
Yes it means exactly that ! Since date is only a month away, the CO wants to know if you will be able to make it to Aus before this date or they may ask you to redo your Medicals or PCC to push the date more further.
Old May 15th 2010, 5:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alhatti
HI,

thanks
It sounds like they are about to issue the visa. They don't usually ask if you can meet an initial entry date, but I guess they are with you as the date is so close.
Almost certainly that date is tied to pcc or medicals? So if you can't make that date then they may request further pcc or medicals from you.

The question is, can you and your family travel to Australia - even as a holiday, needn't be the permanent move yet, by 29th June?
Old May 15th 2010, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

alhatti has a spectacular aura aboutalhatti has a spectacular aura aboutalhatti has a spectacular aura about

wowwwwwwwwww that is great news then, sure I can do the trip within few days. I am waiting for this moment since a very long time. I will reply to her immediately to confirm that I can do a validation trip with my family before that date.
I hope I will get it within a week time to give me an enough time to arrange my staff.