Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

What do you call this - Immigrating to Australia from Dubai

What do you call this - Immigrating to Australia from Dubai

Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Riadh is an unknown quantity at this point
Question What do you call this - Immigrating to Australia from Dubai

A Friend
Translator, living in UAE - Abu Dhabi, 42 years old - University degree in Translation - wanted to Immigrate to Australia, so he checked the Newspapers and Found that there was a Foreign Immigration Office with proper licensing to practise this job from Australia ofcourse, so he called them asking about the oppertunity to immigrate to Australia in his age they told him about a special visa matching his stituation - To get temporary visa for three years and with the possibility to GET Permanent Residency Visa after the Expiry of this Visa, but they told him to get his Qualification assessed by the Australian authority, so he did and in two months he got the required Assessement - so he called again and went to see the Immigration representative who explained to him that all the process shall be within 7-12 months only (I attended the interview with this representative) and he was so sure that my friend will get the visa in 12 month maximum, so we agreed and he asked for the Office FEES - which were paid in advance (full fees) now 7 months passed without getting any thing and whenever my friend calls the Office they replied with more than one execuses - immigration rules are changing - we did not got you a proper invitation from the respective Territories or provices

once the office got the money - they did not called and nothing is going as promised and my friend was wondering why they did this - why they said that he has a big chance to go to Australia and now they dont do any thing

so please tell me What is this -- it is Fradulant situation here - can we do any this to deal with this office - it is not about the MONEY but about playing the Bad game with potential Immigrants to Australia - is there any authority inside australia that we can address to give them our complaints - Please help me out here.

Thanks alot
Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:05 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you call this - Immigrating to Australia from Dubai

Hi Riadh,

If the agents your friend went to are registered then he can contact www.themara.com.au to initiate a complaint. If the agents are not registered then at present the Australian authorities can't help him. It sounds as though the agents in this case were offering your friend assistance with the SIR visa - most likely sponsorship was sought and declined from South Australia and they may not have been able to confirm the sponsorship situation until after the skills assessment had been obtained.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Dec 31st 2006, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Australia Immigration will become famous soon enough

Hi Riadh

The extent of your recourse and ability to complain (impact) will really depend on the where the person and or business is located.

I am sorry I did not fully appreciate from your post as to where their location is ?
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

cool_archie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
What is the name of the Company/Agent in Dubai?

Regards,
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Riadh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cool_archie
Hello,
What is the name of the Company/Agent in Dubai?

Regards,

I don't know if I am allowed to tell the name in this Forum, Please Advise.

Old Jan 2nd 2007, 8:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Riadh
I don't know if I am allowed to tell the name in this Forum, Please Advise.

As long as you are completely factual on your reporting, that is fine. The site has to be careful that nothing is posted which leaves the owners liable to legal action for libel or slander. Be aware that the company may be reading the forum also.
if you are in any doubt you can send the name by private message via the forum to the other poster.