Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

What is the actual time requirement to retain PR (while out of Australia)

What is the actual time requirement to retain PR (while out of Australia)

Old Sep 8th 2012, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Duration?

Originally Posted by virgo2k
Is it possible for me to live in Australia even after my PR ends i.e. in 2014?
You are not likely to get a RRV if the only time you set foot in Australia was to vlaidate your visa. If you want to maintain your PR then you should look to move here and put down some roots before the visa expires. You have had 5 years, what did you apply for if you don't plan to move here?
Old Sep 8th 2012, 12:40 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by virgo2k
Is it possible for me to live in Australia even after my PR ends i.e. in 2014?
If you are outside Australia and your PR visa runs out, you will no longer have the automatic right to live in Australia. If this happens, you must apply for a Resident Return Visa, which is granted depending on residency requirements and a demonstration of substantial ties to the country, etc. They're not just dished out automatically to people who have allowed their PR status to expire.
Old Sep 8th 2012, 12:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
If you are outside Australia and your PR visa runs out, you will no longer have the automatic right to live in Australia. If this happens, you must apply for a Resident Return Visa, which is granted depending on residency requirements and a demonstration of substantial ties to the country, etc. They're not just dished out automatically to people who have allowed their PR status to expire.
So no, he won't be able to live here. What a waste of money and a visa.