what is 461 visa processing time

Old Nov 12th 2007, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

rrhysevans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what is 461 visa processing time

What is the current processing time for a 461 visa. I know it says up to 4 months on the Oz immigration website but wondered if this was realistic. And is it worth getting my PCC now so its ready for when they ask, or dont they always ask for one?
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:53 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what is 461 visa processing time

Originally Posted by rrhysevans
What is the current processing time for a 461 visa. I know it says up to 4 months on the Oz immigration website but wondered if this was realistic. And is it worth getting my PCC now so its ready for when they ask, or dont they always ask for one?

Not many people get this visa, so you are unlikely to get much useful information.

Good idea to get hold of your police checks now as they are usually valid for 12 months.

Do you have a plan to get permanent residence?
Old Nov 13th 2007, 8:32 am
Just Joined

rrhysevans is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I will be applying for PR when Im over there, as I have now accepted a job in Cairns
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 7:45 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rrhysevans
Mine took about 3 weeks to process once I had submitted ALL the information required.

It can take a few months to get all this info together.

Buzzy
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Mine took about 3 weeks to process once I had submitted ALL the information required.

It can take a few months to get all this info together.

Buzzy
Is there an idiots guide...quick summary of what you need for this visa..its what I am going for,husband being a kiwi and he having been offered job near perth

so far i have form 147/80 and have sent for police forms for NZ and UK

you need evidence of genuine relationship..bills etc am assuming stuff like that,

did you need a medical or is it at their request...what am I missing it seems not much thats why ithink am missing stuff

oh god I wish there was an easy step by step list

HELP ME PLEASE
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:56 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Chill.

It's a very easy visa to get compared to most.

Genuine relationship is a matter of anything at all that will bolster your case. Bills are good. Statements from parents, anyone who knows you are good.

You need a medical.

You only need form 80 if you have lived outside the UK in the last 10 years I believe.

Buzzy
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Chill.

It's a very easy visa to get compared to most.

Genuine relationship is a matter of anything at all that will bolster your case. Bills are good. Statements from parents, anyone who knows you are good.

You need a medical.

You only need form 80 if you have lived outside the UK in the last 10 years I believe.

Buzzy
Thanks Buzzy

I think the word headless chicken springs to mind the way things are going round in my head...have been living in NZ for last 18 months so I need that one

This has to be the only time that Bills are good for anything cus you hate them the rest of the time

Cheers Dawn
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:38 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Dawn

Form 80 is a nightmare btw, it asks for tons of stuff that you probably can't remember. I put ??? where I wasn't sure, and quite frankly I'm not convinced Oz immigration even read it. It wants job history back as far as school, that kind of thing.

Do a search on the immigration forum for more info.

Buzzy
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dawn

Form 80 is a nightmare btw, it asks for tons of stuff that you probably can't remember. I put ??? where I wasn't sure, and quite frankly I'm not convinced Oz immigration even read it. It wants job history back as far as school, that kind of thing.

Do a search on the immigration forum for more info.

Buzzy
i know I spent two and a half hours on sunday doing it and I did the easy bits first and then had to write down jobs and holidays on seperate paper and then fill it in later...its times like that you wished you'd never gone on holiday or only ever done one job

got there eventually...its very time consuming but done now, just a couple of bits to add on it now...thank god for stamps on passport for entry to various countries, it helped immensely
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

velma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura about

Does anyone have any recent experience of applying for this visa and so can say how long it took to process? I know the web says 75% in four months but I wondered how realistic this is?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:02 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by velma
Does anyone have any recent experience of applying for this visa and so can say how long it took to process? I know the web says 75% in four months but I wondered how realistic this is?
Ours took less than 3 weeks.

The time is really in getting all the info together for the application.

Buzzy
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

velma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura about

Thanks - did you go the de facto souse or married spousal route?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:20 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by velma
Thanks - did you go the de facto souse or married spousal route?
Married, but it is the same visa.

Buzzy
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:05 am
Just Joined

knuffie1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

I've handed in our documents about a month ago and haven't heard anything back a part from the fact that they received our documents.

I didn't include the medical nor the police check as the checklist clearly stated that we had to wait for their request to do this. (I did already call the doctor and she too told me to wait for it)

So for us it's taking a bit longer then the 3 weeks. We only got married 4 months ago, so we still had to fill out the relationship pro forma and proof that we are in a genuine and ongoing relationship.

Hope this might help you
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

We will only have been married a very very short while before we submit the application so I'd be interested to know what you sent with the application. Which form do you mean by the marriage pro forma? I have spoken to a couple of agents and one said that I do not need any other documentation as long as I have a marriage certificate but the consensus seems to be more that it would be sensible to submit additionnal information along with it. Can you tell me what you submitted please?

I am glad you responded and have applied at a similar time to when I will - that way I can at least get a rough idea of how long this is going to take.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.