Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

What’s the best course of action? Business / skilled visa

What’s the best course of action? Business / skilled visa

Old Mar 24th 2019, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Jakechrissmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What’s the best course of action? Business / skilled visa

hello, I’m sure these answers have already been answered but with over 3000 threads I thought I’d try my luck asking..

Im 28 years of age and been to Sydney now 3 times in the past 2 years on holiday 2 weeks at a time. I’ve decided (like every Brit who visits aus) that Australia is the place for me.

Here’s my issue...

I have no university degree, PHD etc etc. All I have is a diploma and a few city and guild training courses to me name. The industry I work in is Legionella (legionella engineers seem to sought after in the larger cities so I’ve heard).

I am currently 100% share holder of my business in the uk with 5 years experience in this. Turns over around £800k per annum and employ 8 people, I’m not sure if aus take any of this into consideration.

My question to you is what Visa should I go for? Or even get accepted on? I’m happy to go back employed or even set up a business in aus doing what I do.

The Business innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa 188 seems my best bet, but from what I’ve read on here seem like a long winded process with no light at the end of the tunnel. Also it mentions you must have $800,000 in assets etc, can anyone elaborate on this?
thank you, Jake
Old Mar 26th 2019, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What’s the best course of action? Business / skilled visa

The 188 is a complicated visa but suits some people. If you have specific qualifications and skills in need in Australia then a skills based visa may suit you better. It's hard to advise based on the information provided here, but it would be a good idea to get a professional consult based on your specific circumstances ...