Welding success stories

Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all
Default Welding success stories

Evening or morning to you all

My OH and I are seriously thinking of moving to Oz. He is 45 (and I know for him to get a visa that 45 is the limit), and is a welder (he owns his own business at the mo corgi reg plumbing and heating with his son and unfortunately, though my OH has been working on boilers for years he hasnt got the C&G in plumbing, his son has). Anyhow I have been told in previous threads that if a company does want to sponsor him then age is not really a consideration - as long as he can prove that he can do the job - he's been welding, pipefitting fabricating since a teenager. What do others think his chances are? If he has a chance where would be the best place to move? Also I am currently an ICT teacher in a sixth form college and would be quite happy to find if not teaching, but IT training related work in Oz.

If anybody can give me some advice, or know of companies taking on and perhaps some links to organisations that we can look at- particularly Welding it would be most appreciated

Cheers me dears
Emz
Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Welding success stories

Originally Posted by Capt Emz I Think

My OH and I are seriously thinking of moving to Oz. He is 45 (and I know for him to get a visa that 45 is the limit), and is a welder (he owns his own business at the mo corgi reg plumbing and heating with his son and unfortunately, though my OH has been working on boilers for years he hasnt got the C&G in plumbing, his son has). Anyhow I have been told in previous threads that if a company does want to sponsor him then age is not really a consideration - as long as he can prove that he can do the job - he's been welding, pipefitting fabricating since a teenager. What do others think his chances are? If he has a chance where would be the best place to move? Also I am currently an ICT teacher in a sixth form college and would be quite happy to find if not teaching, but IT training related work in Oz.

If anybody can give me some advice, or know of companies taking on and perhaps some links to organisations that we can look at- particularly Welding it would be most appreciated

Cheers me dears
Emz
Hi Emz. Im a welder in Qld and take it from me, qld is a world in itself. I needed to get the TRA to verify my trade papers etc, and if I remember correctly, 45 is the cut off. I came here and was told I was a boilermaker as welders are looked as below boilys Here in north qld, theres a mining boom and the welding leaves a lot to be desired but if you look behind all that, switch off and weld, then theres not bad money to be made. I believe WA also has a mining boom as well so its pretty much an individual choice in where you want to go. Good luck
Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:57 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers me dears
Emz
It might be well worth you while posting this in the Immigration Forum, especially as your OH is on the cut-off age and needs the proper skills paperwork. Plenty of agents there to give proper advice or recommend a course of action.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

Thanks for that - does anybody havev any links for agents please
Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Tellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really nice

Thanks for that - does anybody havev any links for agents please
My OH is also a welder with 18 years experience but no C&G so we had to go down the sponsored route, he is 40.

We sent off literally hundreds of emails to all companies advertising for welders on Seek and one day out of the blue we got a reply. The company are now in the process of sponsoring us to go to Melbourne and we are just waiting to see if we can get our visa.

Hopefully be there in November (fingers crossed).
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that Nicknaid

You've given me faith. We are doing exactly the same going on Seek- well for the last 2 days. Which recruitment companies do you think are best for us to get in touch with. I know theres Hays, Hanson, Bentley, can you think of any others.

Thanks
Emz
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:53 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, as he is already 45 years old, it may be better to go with you (teacher) as the main applicant. Unless you're over 45? Something to think about anyway!

Good luck!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Tellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really nice

Thanks for that Nicknaid

You've given me faith. We are doing exactly the same going on Seek- well for the last 2 days. Which recruitment companies do you think are best for us to get in touch with. I know theres Hays, Hanson, Bentley, can you think of any others.

Thanks
Emz
Hi Emz

We found that the agencies were not very helpful to be honest. One agency approached us but they kept putting us off and we still haven't heard anything from them. Your best bet is to apply to companies direct and just hope for the best. Don't get disheartend by the rejections (we had lots) just keep plugging on. There were supposed to be some changes to the skills pathways as of today but I don't know if this would help you, you would need to look on the TRA website.

We started applying for jobs in January and it took us until May to find a company that was interested, even then there was some tooing and froing before the visa process began about 4 - 6 weeks ago. This is completely understandable as they are taking someone on from the other side of the world and have to be sure that it is what you really want before they spend time and money on sponsoring you. You are lucky in the respect that you can both apply for jobs, as I am a secretary we had to rely on OH.

Good luck - hope you find a sponsor.

Nikky
Old Sep 1st 2008, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Tking and Nikki

I tried out the points system for Oz, and I was short of about 10 points (by the way i'm 37). Even if my other half is 45 can he still get sponsored by his bruv. I'm thinking that we get sponsored by his bruv. If we are successful then I get myself assesed for teaching, then hopefully registered. In the meantime, Martin(OH) will keep applying for jobs. To be honest though i'm not sure about teaching - i'm sick of teaching in the UK:curse:, I work at one of the best and most competitive colleges in the UK and I have a lot of pressures which I find really hard. I'd be quite happy doing something in IT.

Emz
Old Sep 1st 2008, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

By the way if you are wondering why i'm soing this and not at work, my youngest son who's 11 and starts high school tomorrow (aghhhhhh!!!!) is having a tooth out today, so I had to book a day off work - shame that!!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 11:09 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, maybe consider the 176 visa (relative sponsored) your husbands brother could sponsor you as a teacher for a permanent visa - only 100 points required. It is more definite than a temp visa and gives you more stability.

Something to consider!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks TKing

Will I have to marry my OH for this though!!!

Emma
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:06 am
Addicted to browsing BE

No - defacto is ok.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just the start for me, but I have taken some advice from some of you. My OH has asked his bruv to sponsor us and he is happy to do this. We are hoping to instruct George Lombard as a Migration Agent - I have heard he supposed to be good.

God how much is all of this going to cost? Also we only bought our house last year and have a big mortgage - should I think about trying to rent it out and change my mortgage to an interest only, I live in Wigan and the houses are not selling to well!!! So many things to think about.

Where would a good place for my OH Martin to get a job as a welder/boiler maker? Even though we'll be using me for the points I believe he'll stand a better chance of getting a job first.

Can I also say that Ste74 on this forum is my ex bruv in law and he's been in Mackay a week now - lucky s*d and I wish him all the best - I know he's enjoying it so far - it didnt take him long to put the piccies up on facebook - did it to make us all jealous back in the land of the pie - we are missing them all though
Old Feb 17th 2009, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

ftm2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello sorry to jump on this thread but I am also a welder thinking of emigrating if possible,is it possible any welders out there can give me some advice as to the current work situation out there?

I am fully coded class 1 welder with numerous qualifications including C&G and NVQ 3.
Wife is Qualified nursery nurse (diploma).
2 kids aged 10 & 7 and one on the way.

Basically I am wondering what my chances are of being accepted.

Many thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.