British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   We have got the visa! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/we-have-got-visa-480799/)

Vim Fuego Sep 13th 2007 6:44 am

Re: We have got the visa!

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 5305167)
Can't think of another better 'got it' title so I shall stick with the basics.

George has been trying to get hold of us since yesterday and with my mobile not working, cant access email (bloody virgin) and being in Etosha National Park for 3 days, suffice to say it was pretty impossible:o

Got back from Etosha yesterday to find a message from The Lombard along the lines of 'I have never told anyone they have their visa in Namibia before!' (not exact words)

We bought a Namibian simm card for the phone and I phoned him at 5am this morning just in case I was hallucinating (bloody malaria tablets), and it is true, our visa was granted yesterday.

Thanks Polly for passing the message on:thumbsup: And thank god for BE because it is the only communication I can get here.

After 18 months of waiting, I had that initial 'OMG what do I do now? What have I done?' that kind of thing and the wost is 'how shall I tell my family (Dad especially) but Ive sort of calmed down and we are going to go Cheetah feeding today which will take my mind off it.

We have both been really ill (and i mean really ill) with our malaria tablets and have had to stop them. Luckily we havent been bitten (loads and loads of DEET)

So I am sure I will be jumping around when Im better! but at the moment, if I smell anything remotely fatty then I am sick so the jumping with excitement can wait.

I had to tell everyone on here as I have dreamt of having my own 'got it post' for so long and now I have it.

You were right George, a visa granted in Namibia - it doesnt get much better.:D

Im going now as I think I am about to throw up (again) and Ive got a date with some more leopards and cheetah later.

Thanks to everyone who has supported us through this, the messages/emails and phone calls (gobbyjock and sorchar).

And thanks to Alan Collett for his initial help, Glenn Newton for the TRA bit and most of all - Agent 007 The Lombard (Georgie babes):thumbsup:

See you later - loads of pics to post and an embarrassing tale of getting drunk in Etosha and seeing rather more Rhino than was actually there.

Bloody hell, trust us to be the only people to get side effects from Malarone!

Cheers guys!

Nice One PP :thumbup:

aussi110 Sep 13th 2007 6:48 am

Oh this was the much awaited email really happy for you

Congratulation

todayu Ann also got the grant letter it really a wonderful day for you july aug 2006 apps

Can't think of another better 'got it' title so I shall stick with the bas

Im going now as I think I am about to throw up (again) and Ive got a date with some more leopards and cheetah later.

Thanks to everyone who has supported us through this, the messages/emails and phone calls (gobbyjock and sorchar).

And thanks to Alan Collett for his initial help, Glenn Newton for the TRA bit and most of all - Agent 007 The Lombard (Georgie babes):thumbsup:

See you later - loads of pics to post and an embarrassing tale of getting drunk in Etosha and seeing rather more Rhino than was actually there.

Cheers guys!

julesandco Sep 13th 2007 6:51 am

Originally Posted by aussi110 (Post 5305326)
Oh this was the much awaited email really happy for you

Congratulation

todayu Ann also got the grant letter it really a wonderful day for you july aug 2006 apps

Thank ***** for that :D :D :D

SO well deserved. See what happens when you're distracted - watched kettle never boils :rofl: :rofl:

Look forward to seeing you in Perth very soon!

Jules x

domodomo Sep 13th 2007 6:55 am

George has been trying to get hold of us since yesterday and with my mobile not working, cant access email (bloody virgin) and being in Etosha National Park for 3 days, suffice to say it was pretty impossible:o

Got back from Etosha yesterday to find a message from The Lombard along the lines of 'I have never told anyone they have their visa in Namibia before!' (not exact words)

We bought a Namibian simm card for the phone and I phoned him at 5am this morning just in case I was hallucinating (bloody malaria tablets), and it is true, our visa was granted yesterday.

Thanks Polly for passing the message on:thumbsup: And thank god for BE because it is the only communication I can get here.

After 18 months of waiting, I had that initial 'OMG what do I do now? What have I done?' that kind of thing and the wost is 'how shall I tell my family (Dad especially) but Ive sort of calmed down and we are going to go Cheetah feeding today which will take my mind off it.

We have both been really ill (and i mean really ill) with our malaria tablets and have had to stop them. Luckily we havent been bitten (loads and loads of DEET)

So I am sure I will be jumping around when Im better! but at the moment, if I smell anything remotely fatty then I am sick so the jumping with excitement can wait.

I had to tell everyone on here as I have dreamt of having my own 'got it post' for so long and now I have it.

Cheers guys!

CONGRATULATIONS PP, I hope George does same magic for me(r u listening George)

sammyg Sep 13th 2007 6:59 am

At long last hey?
congratulations:thumbup:

Reedy Sep 13th 2007 7:02 am

FANTASTIC NEWS Sam!!!!! Enjoy the rest of Namibia - you have another trip to plan when you get home.

Can't wait to hear about the Rhinos....

Laura x

smiling4 Sep 13th 2007 7:06 am

Cheers guys!

PP......that's so fab and fab and well done hun! Really pleased for you...look forward to your stories and pics!! Ems x

Clippy Sep 13th 2007 7:09 am

Woohoo congratulations!! About time too!

LisaD_uk Sep 13th 2007 7:10 am

Cheers guys!

OMG CONGRATULATIONS!
Fantastic news PP.

suesk Sep 13th 2007 7:35 am

Congrats again very well done a long wait im glad its over 4 u both. Enjoy the rest of your hols:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Suexx

flowergal Sep 13th 2007 7:41 am

Well done PP its been a long time coming, so pleased for you.

Amanda :lol:

asher Sep 13th 2007 7:45 am

I am so pleased for you wooohooo thats brilliant!!

look out Australia :lol:

trust you to be different and be in Namibia:rofl::rofl:

the4ofus Sep 13th 2007 7:55 am

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS PP :thumbsup:

I bet you are soooooo pleased now, enjoy the rest of your fab holiday.

Lynn xx

mad city fan Sep 13th 2007 8:02 am

big CONGRATULATIONS HEARS TO YOUR NEW LIFE AHEAD :thumbsup:

ex_exile Sep 13th 2007 8:04 am

Holly molly PP has her visa!

Congratulations !!!

Carefull with those cheetahs now, wouldnt want to miss your last entry date. :)