British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   We have got the visa! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/we-have-got-visa-480799/)

Cheetah7 Sep 13th 2007 5:33 am

We have got the visa!

Can't think of another better 'got it' title so I shall stick with the basics.

George has been trying to get hold of us since yesterday and with my mobile not working, cant access email (bloody virgin) and being in Etosha National Park for 3 days, suffice to say it was pretty impossible:o

Got back from Etosha yesterday to find a message from The Lombard along the lines of 'I have never told anyone they have their visa in Namibia before!' (not exact words)

We bought a Namibian simm card for the phone and I phoned him at 5am this morning just in case I was hallucinating (bloody malaria tablets), and it is true, our visa was granted yesterday.

Thanks Polly for passing the message on:thumbsup: And thank god for BE because it is the only communication I can get here.

After 18 months of waiting, I had that initial 'OMG what do I do now? What have I done?' that kind of thing and the wost is 'how shall I tell my family (Dad especially) but Ive sort of calmed down and we are going to go Cheetah feeding today which will take my mind off it.

We have both been really ill (and i mean really ill) with our malaria tablets and have had to stop them. Luckily we havent been bitten (loads and loads of DEET)

So I am sure I will be jumping around when Im better! but at the moment, if I smell anything remotely fatty then I am sick so the jumping with excitement can wait.

I had to tell everyone on here as I have dreamt of having my own 'got it post' for so long and now I have it.

You were right George, a visa granted in Namibia - it doesnt get much better.:D

Im going now as I think I am about to throw up (again) and Ive got a date with some more leopards and cheetah later.

Thanks to everyone who has supported us through this, the messages/emails and phone calls (gobbyjock and sorchar).

And thanks to Alan Collett for his initial help, Glenn Newton for the TRA bit and most of all - Agent 007 The Lombard (Georgie babes):thumbsup:

See you later - loads of pics to post and an embarrassing tale of getting drunk in Etosha and seeing rather more Rhino than was actually there.

Bloody hell, trust us to be the only people to get side effects from Malarone!

Cheers guys!

Gems Sep 13th 2007 5:43 am

Re: We have got the visa!

WooHoo.

Well done, I know this has been a long and difficult road. I dont know how you have kept sane through it all.

Well done, and congratulations.

Hope your new life is everything you want

GEMS

angiek Sep 13th 2007 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 5305167)

George has been trying to get hold of us since yesterday and with my mobile not working, cant access email (bloody virgin) and being in Etosha National Park for 3 days, suffice to say it was pretty impossible:o

Got back from Etosha yesterday to find a message from The Lombard along the lines of 'I have never told anyone they have their visa in Namibia before!' (not exact words)

We bought a Namibian simm card for the phone and I phoned him at 5am this morning just in case I was hallucinating (bloody malaria tablets), and it is true, our visa was granted yesterday.

Thanks Polly for passing the message on:thumbsup: And thank god for BE because it is the only communication I can get here.

After 18 months of waiting, I had that initial 'OMG what do I do now? What have I done?' that kind of thing and the wost is 'how shall I tell my family (Dad especially) but Ive sort of calmed down and we are going to go Cheetah feeding today which will take my mind off it.

We have both been really ill (and i mean really ill) with our malaria tablets and have had to stop them. Luckily we havent been bitten (loads and loads of DEET)

So I am sure I will be jumping around when Im better! but at the moment, if I smell anything remotely fatty then I am sick so the jumping with excitement can wait.

I had to tell everyone on here as I have dreamt of having my own 'got it post' for so long and now I have it.

Im going now as I think I am about to throw up (again) and Ive got a date with some more leopards and cheetah later.

Thanks to everyone who has supported us through this, the messages/emails and phone calls (gobbyjock and sorchar).

And thanks to Alan Collett for his initial help, Glenn Newton for the TRA bit and most of all - Agent 007 The Lombard (Georgie babes):thumbsup:

See you later - loads of pics to post and an embarrassing tale of getting drunk in Etosha and seeing rather more Rhino than was actually there.

Cheers guys!

Well all that waiting worth it

CONGRATULATIONS

Angiek

hunt66 Sep 13th 2007 5:46 am

Cheers guys!

:thumbsup:CONGRATULATIONS:thumbsup:

philnorris Sep 13th 2007 5:48 am

Cheers guys!

OMG thats excellent, it has been a long time coming and I am so so glad you finally got here.

Well done, I hope you get everythig you wish for in Sunny OZ.

x
Phil

kkwall36 Sep 13th 2007 5:51 am

Cheers guys!

Fantastic news.

Congratulations!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great news, enjoy it.:thumbup:

Rgds,
Kenny & Wendy

Alan Collett Sep 13th 2007 6:01 am

Many MANY congratulations! :):)

Best wishes.

loz Sep 13th 2007 6:03 am

CONGRATULATIONS

You seem to have been waiting forever. Enjoy your celebrations and make sure you make Oz everything you want it to be:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Loz x

Nu-Shooz Sep 13th 2007 6:14 am

congratulations:thumbsup:

welshviking Sep 13th 2007 6:16 am

brilliant brilliant brilliant...enjoy the rest of your amazing holiday!!

ozdreamer Sep 13th 2007 6:17 am

CONGRATULATIONS
Best wishes for your new life down under :thumbsup::thumbsup:

WS Sep 13th 2007 6:26 am

Congratulations!! :thumbsup:

Wendy Sep 13th 2007 6:28 am

Cheers guys!

Congratulations Sam and Abdul. :thumbsup:

BertieB Sep 13th 2007 6:39 am

CONGRATULATIONS Sam - a great feeling. We got ours this morning. Good luck with everything

Ann :thumbsup:

northernbird Sep 13th 2007 6:43 am

This is the best congratulations post I have ever sent. I am soo pleased for you both. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and hopefully us perthies will see you very soon. xxxx