We got it!!!!!!! but help needed!

Old May 20th 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future
Default We got it!!!!!!! but help needed!

today we had confirmation that we have our PR visas, so excited.

I have a few questions though and would be grateful of help.

As i understand it, we now have to send our passports off (to london!?) to have the visa put in, how long do you have to do this??, i am currently in dubai with our daughter for 2 months (back on 6th july)and my partner is at home,will it be ok to send them off altogether when i get back, dont really want to do it from dubai as the post is terrible.

Also we was having big problems with our migration agent (moaned about them in another post) basically paid them over 5500 pounds and now they want another 500 for doing nothing. i refused to pay and asked them to come up with a new fair bill, this was about a month ago and the women i was dealing with kept saying it was being dealt with.
Today also had email from her asking when we are paying balance, even though i have sent her at least 10 emails and she has replied explaining why we are not paying.

still with me..lol

so now we have visas shall i just email explaining once again that she is meant to be dealing with my complaints and that i refuse to pay it?? i am willing to pay half (not that i think they should even get a penny), am just angry all my correspondance has been ignored and i have been fobbed off for a month.

its not about the money or not being able to pay it, its just we have paid som much already and they havnt actually done anything in all honesty, i am glad we have visas though so on other hand think, **** it, just pay them and get them off back.. what would others do??

many thanks if you got this far..lol
kelly
Old May 20th 2008, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of
Default Re: We got it!!!!!!! but help needed!

Originally Posted by taylor25

As i understand it, we now have to send our passports off (to london!?) to have the visa put in, how long do you have to do this??, i am currently in dubai with our daughter for 2 months (back on 6th july)and my partner is at home,will it be ok to send them off altogether when i get back, dont really want to do it from dubai as the post is terrible.

Also we was having big problems with our migration agent (moaned about them in another post) basically paid them over 5500 pounds and now they want another 500 for doing nothing. i refused to pay and asked them to come up with a new fair bill, this was about a month ago and the women i was dealing with kept saying it was being dealt with.
Today also had email from her asking when we are paying balance, even though i have sent her at least 10 emails and she has replied explaining why we are not paying.

still with me..lol

so now we have visas shall i just email explaining once again that she is meant to be dealing with my complaints and that i refuse to pay it?? i am willing to pay half (not that i think they should even get a penny), am just angry all my correspondance has been ignored and i have been fobbed off for a month.

its not about the money or not being able to pay it, its just we have paid som much already and they havnt actually done anything in all honesty, i am glad we have visas though so on other hand think, **** it, just pay them and get them off back.. what would others do??

kelly
Congratulations on the Visa!!
Not sure about the passports, somebody should be able to enlighten you on here though.
Re your Agent issue - she should be MARA registered. You could contact them and ask their opinions.
Good Luck - hope it goes well.
Old May 20th 2008, 10:42 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need to send your passports to London. You can get the visa put in there in Dubai. Your agent should be telling you how to go about getting the visa sticker in there, though.

As for the payment thing, I would phone the office of your agent and demand to speak to the person in charge. Make sure you write down with it is you are unhappy with so you don't forget anything while you're talking. Write down the name and position of the person you speak to and anything they say, as well. You have paid a great deal of money for their services, so if it were me I would make sure they give you the service. Make them tell you how to get your visa label, etc.

Alternately, if you have a copy of your visa grant letter from DIAC, it should come with a list of places where you can get your label put in. Once you've got the grant letter you can tell your agent to get stuffed.
Old May 20th 2008, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light

You can take your passport to Australia House on the strand in London between 9 and 11 (Mon - Fri) and have them done there and then.

still with me..lol

kelly
Old May 20th 2008, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future

thanks everyone, will look into getting mine and our daughters visas put in dubai, but partner is the main applicant so dont know if this will be problem.

Have all the documents attached from them today, so will have a proper look now.

re.the agent thing, i have spoken to the accounts women at least 7 times on the phone and have at least 10 emails passed between us (all of which i have saved thankfully), so will see what i can do, yes they are MARA registered and have already checked out codes of conduct and do think they are in the wrong.
Ours was a simple case, we did all the work, still to this day i am unsure of what the hell they have been paid 5500 pounds for (arabic laptop and no pound sign!!) obviously the visa price is included in this but on top of the 5500 we had to pay for stat decs, meds, xrays, courier fees.

once I RANG our agent in oz to ask if me and our daughter should proceed with our medicals without partner (he needed passport renewed) he said yes and we later got charged around 75-100 pounds.

i will probably just pay as so happy, but my advice is do not even think about going with the 'migration buerua' (or however its spelt, its 43 degrees and had to many beers to celebrate..lol)

thanks for advice everyone
Old May 20th 2008, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

still with me..lol

kelly
conratulations on your visa grant, and good luck with the passports.
Old May 20th 2008, 5:57 pm
M8M
Forum Regular

M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE VISA
Did you sign a contract for services with your agent?? Check all the small print just to be sure as legally you may be stuffed! But sounds like a ridiculous amount to me (our case was a tricky one and we only paid 3.5k euro in total with stat decs, couriers and all!) Fight them if you can, robbing b*stards! On the bright side though ENJOY THE CELEBRATIONS!!
Old May 21st 2008, 9:48 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks everyone, will look into getting mine and our daughters visas put in dubai, but partner is the main applicant so dont know if this will be problem.

Have all the documents attached from them today, so will have a proper look now.

re.the agent thing, i have spoken to the accounts women at least 7 times on the phone and have at least 10 emails passed between us (all of which i have saved thankfully), so will see what i can do, yes they are MARA registered and have already checked out codes of conduct and do think they are in the wrong.
Ours was a simple case, we did all the work, still to this day i am unsure of what the hell they have been paid 5500 pounds for (arabic laptop and no pound sign!!) obviously the visa price is included in this but on top of the 5500 we had to pay for stat decs, meds, xrays, courier fees.

once I RANG our agent in oz to ask if me and our daughter should proceed with our medicals without partner (he needed passport renewed) he said yes and we later got charged around 75-100 pounds.

i will probably just pay as so happy, but my advice is do not even think about going with the 'migration buerua' (or however its spelt, its 43 degrees and had to many beers to celebrate..lol)

thanks for advice everyone
Why would it be any different for your partner to have his visa label put in in Dubai? You send ALL the passports with a copy of the grant letter together for the visas to be put in. This is the link to the visa centre in Dubai. You can ring or email them to find out where to send them.

London is not the only place in the world where visas can be put into passports. You can get it done in whatever country you are a resident of.
Old May 21st 2008, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Why would it be any different for your partner to have his visa label put in in Dubai? You send ALL the passports with a copy of the grant letter together for the visas to be put in. This is the link to the visa centre in Dubai. You can ring or email them to find out where to send them.

London is not the only place in the world where visas can be put into passports. You can get it done in whatever country you are a resident of.
Dont think i explained myself properley, i am just in dubai visiting my parents for 2 months, i am not a resident here and we didnt apply from here.
Also my partner is not here in dubai with us, he is at home in the uk working.

Thats why i was asking if it would be a problem for me and my daughter to have them put in here and dp to has his put in, in london.

have had advice from a friend now though who says it will be fine to wait until i home in july to send them off, i was just panicking incase there was a short time limit on sending passports off.

Also got an email from agent today (after mentioning MARA to them in email last night) saying all exsisting bills owed have been written off, so goof stuff.

thanks for all the help everyone.
Old May 21st 2008, 5:25 pm
M8M
Forum Regular

M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough

Dont think i explained myself properley, i am just in dubai visiting my parents for 2 months, i am not a resident here and we didnt apply from here.
Also my partner is not here in dubai with us, he is at home in the uk working.

Thats why i was asking if it would be a problem for me and my daughter to have them put in here and dp to has his put in, in london.

have had advice from a friend now though who says it will be fine to wait until i home in july to send them off, i was just panicking incase there was a short time limit on sending passports off.

Also got an email from agent today (after mentioning MARA to them in email last night) saying all exsisting bills owed have been written off, so goof stuff.

Way Hay! Result!!! Chancing their arm eh? Well done you for not giving in!
Old May 22nd 2008, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

thanks for all the help everyone.[/QUOTE]

That's brilliant news!!!!!!!!
Well done!
Makes you wonder about their ethics though. Who else are they ripping off?!
Old May 22nd 2008, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

hanwilt is a jewel in the roughhanwilt is a jewel in the roughhanwilt is a jewel in the roughhanwilt is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations on your visa!!

Just reading about your problems with the agents. I would still inform MARA because of others who just pay up to get them off their back. We are using an agent and the fees are all set ahead of time, including couriers etc.

Yours doesn't sound good as there seems to be so much variation.

But in the end they did get your visa so...

Han
Old May 22nd 2008, 8:53 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlie-k

That's brilliant news!!!!!!!!
Well done!
Makes you wonder about their ethics though. Who else are they ripping off?! [/QUOTE]

Just to point out that the Migration Bureau I believe was the company you used and have the most terrible reputation on this board for extortionate charges.

Many on here have suffered up to 5 times what other agents consider a normal fixed fee. Have a search for them on threads to see some nasty reports.

They have been named and shamed many times on here and for sadly good reason. There are plenty of decent migration agents who post here regularly.

I realise this is all too late in this case but others here should be aware.
Old May 25th 2008, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

They have been named and shamed many times on here and for sadly good reason. There are plenty of decent migration agents who post here regularly.

Perhaps it is time that they were officially reported. It is a stressful time applying for the Visa etc. people don't need the added burden of a disreputable Agency.