British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   !!!We Got It !!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/we-got-330724/)

Roch Oct 11th 2005 6:39 am

!!!We Got It !!!!

Hi All,

We received an email today from our Case Officer and it says "granted".

Thankyou everyone for your advice during the long wait :)

Am I correct in saying the final steps are to hand over our passports to the Australian High Commission in my home country to have our visas evidenced? We will need to fly back, as we are currently in Oz. Does anyone have any advice in this area?

Thx,

SuperSeagulls Oct 11th 2005 6:47 am

Re: !!!We Got It !!!!

Originally Posted by Roch
Hi All,

Am I correct in saying the final steps are to hand over our passports to the Australian High Commission in my home country to have our visas evidenced? We will need to fly back, as we are currently in Oz. Does anyone have any advice in this area?

Thx,

Congratulations.

Yep - you will have to get your visa evidenced at the AHC in your own country. This will take 3-7 days. Sendit by secure post, and also enclose a pre-paid secure envelpe so they can send it back to you (I cant remember the name of the envelopes the Royal Mail use).

SS

Sleeping Beauty Oct 11th 2005 6:49 am

another 'got it', congratulations.

paulb Oct 11th 2005 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
another 'got it', congratulations.

Congratulations.

GurpreetSandhu Oct 11th 2005 7:19 am

Congratulations......... So the things are moving at DIMIA.

Gurpreet

Perthforme Oct 11th 2005 7:26 am

Hi All,

Thx,

Well done .

hilary6 Oct 11th 2005 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Well done .

Great news well done
HIlary

AndyD Oct 11th 2005 7:32 am

Hi All,

Thx,

Well done, glad someone is still getting them from the DIMIA.

Anne4Terry Oct 11th 2005 7:35 am

Congratultions :D

amanda76 Oct 11th 2005 8:05 am

Hi All,

Thx,

congratulations!!
well done and good luck

purple rain Oct 11th 2005 8:20 am

Great news, well done
jacqui

welshtony Oct 11th 2005 8:25 am

sorry to interupt the backslapping but .....

The short answer is NO - you can go and get your visa evidenced in any countyry as long as the third country will allow you entry for at least 7 working days for this purpose.

the long answer is .......

Do DIMIA know you are in Australia ? - depending on what type of visa you are on, the visa may have been granted in error as you normally require to be outside of Australia when the visa is granted.

If it is a visa that can be granted while you are in Australia, then it is granted and you do not need to leave Australia but approach any DIMIA office inside Australia to get the visa physically put into your passport.

If your visa has been granted in error, DIMIA may decide to cancel it with your consent as an administrative error or they may leave it stand.

Normally what happens for off-shore applications wher the applicants are in Australia, a pregrant letter is sent advising that the visa can not be approved until you are outside Australia - you then need to leave Australia FOR ANY COUNTRY where there is an Australian mission, for 7 working days. Advise DIMIA where you wish to go and get it evidenced. When you ahve departed, DIMIA will approve your visa and send details to the post you have nominated.

Regards

Tony

Hi All,

Thx,

sonictigger Oct 11th 2005 8:30 am

Hi All,

Thx,

Excellent news - well done

mandi248 Oct 11th 2005 8:42 am

Congratulations

debilloyd Oct 11th 2005 8:58 am

Hi All,

Thx,

Congratulations Roch :)