Are we eligible for subclass 190 please?

Old Jan 6th 2013, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Are we eligible for subclass 190 please?

Hi guys
We have been living in Australia for nearly 4 years on the subclass 461 temporary visa as I am a pom and my hubby is a kiwi. We love it here and need
Permanent residency.
My hubby's job (vehicle painter)is on the schedule 2 CSOL but not the schedule 1 SOL. We live in Hervey Bay, postcode 4655 which is classed as regional QLD, and are happy to stay here, so my questions are:
(1) are we eligible for subclass 190 if hubby's job is on the CSOL but not the SOL, providing he meets all the other criteria, which he seems to?
(2) does he have to get his skills assessment done before lodging his EOI (expression of interest) ?

Many thanks indeed in advance, have read so much I have ended up confusing myself!
Old Jan 6th 2013, 3:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are we eligible for subclass 190 please?

There are a couple of things you can check to see if you are eligible for the 190, the first is to ensure you can pass a points test and then secondly you would need to check the state sponsorship lists to see if any state is willing to sponsor this occupation.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mrs Kiwi View Post
Hi guys
We have been living in Australia for nearly 4 years on the subclass 461 temporary visa as I am a pom and my hubby is a kiwi. We love it here and need
Permanent residency.
My hubby's job (vehicle painter)is on the schedule 2 CSOL but not the schedule 1 SOL. We live in Hervey Bay, postcode 4655 which is classed as regional QLD, and are happy to stay here, so my questions are:
(1) are we eligible for subclass 190 if hubby's job is on the CSOL but not the SOL, providing he meets all the other criteria, which he seems to?
(2) does he have to get his skills assessment done before lodging his EOI (expression of interest) ?

Many thanks indeed in advance, have read so much I have ended up confusing myself!

That would`nt be hard lol I know you.......
Old Mar 27th 2013, 5:16 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Kiwi View Post
Hi guys
Permanent residency.

I had a quick look at the QLD's 190 page, and panel beater is not on the list, so you wouldn't be eligible for state sponsorship. But you may be eligible for other sponsored visas, i.e. 186 or 187?

QLD's eligible skills list here: http://www.workliveplay.qld.gov.au/d...t.cfm?id=16868