Ways to get sponsorship. Help please?

Old Apr 12th 2010, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Ways to get sponsorship. Help please?

I reckon your are dreaming!!

I been through the WHV--> 457 --> PR myself and after been here 5 years so know plenty of other people who have been sponsored from a WHV.

To be sponsored you have to provide evidence that you have a trade or skill that cannot be found in the local work force.

The 'Rule Bending' you mentioned where as someone a few years ago with some sort of trade/skill might have duked their job title around a little to suit that trade, since September last year they been pretty strict and I have heard of a lot more people being rejected and those people have trade papers... which is a lot more than a fat Zero.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 1:48 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
To be sponsored you have to provide evidence that you have a trade or skill that cannot be found in the local work force.
No you don't!

But the job does have to be at a certain skill level and employer/employee must meet certain requirements.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Australian_2005 is on a distinguished road

I reckon your are dreaming!!

I been through the WHV--> 457 --> PR myself and after been here 5 years so know plenty of other people who have been sponsored from a WHV.

The 'Rule Bending' you mentioned where as someone a few years ago with some sort of trade/skill might have duked their job title around a little to suit that trade, since September last year they been pretty strict and I have heard of a lot more people being rejected and those people have trade papers... which is a lot more than a fat Zero.
I'm not dreaming, very much awake. I'm just stating that I know someone who is actually doing the WHV onto some other visa and is being sponsored. Not for the trade he's qualified in and not a related sector. Can't get hold of him right now, but I'll find out. I've looked into it and doesn't seem possible, but it is happening? I'm pretty sure it's a case of who you know rather than what you know.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australian_2005
I'm not dreaming, very much awake. I'm just stating that I know someone who is actually doing the WHV onto some other visa and is being sponsored. Not for the trade he's qualified in and not a related sector. Can't get hold of him right now, but I'll find out. I've looked into it and doesn't seem possible, but it is happening? I'm pretty sure it's a case of who you know rather than what you know.
It is not a question of who you know not what you know. If somebody has managed to get an employer sponsored visa without having experience in the given occupation then it is because they have been economical with the truth on the application. It is not because they know the right people.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

You might be right, things do happen if you know the right people. It worked out for me but only after living in Australia for 4 years and having a good job...and doing my bit for the community.... people vouched for me.... I Couldn't have pulled that off in 6 months.

Still any Sponsorship application requires a trail of paperwork... your lucky friend might have a job in a different trade than he is qualified... but it still sounds like he has a trade to begin with which is a good start. You did state in your original post you had nothing... so for yourself it would hardly be the same scenario.

I know plenty of people with trade papers, qualifications, degrees & experience... find it tight to even get casual work on a WHV... or want sponsored by their employer and miss out... return to the UK or Ireland broken hearted. Not that many are not that lucky.... like I said in the above post for sponsoring the employer has to make an effort to hire someone from the local workforce... JAJ is correct both employee/employer must meet the requirements this tends to put plenty of employers off the idea.

Last edited by man_called_Horse; Apr 12th 2010 at 12:14 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Still any Sponsorship application requires a trail of paperwork... your lucky friend might have a job in a different trade than he is qualified... but it still sounds like he has a trade to begin with which is a good start. You did state in your original post you had nothing... so for yourself it would hardly be the same scenario.
For the purpose of the job they have no experience and their UK trade is totally different from job offer in Aus, like an electrician trying to be classed as a footballer really. Was gotten by them through a mate. Not sure why if that's the case I can't make a friend of the same person involved? Not having a trade doesn't mean I don't have any work experience that could come in useful or be classed as relevant.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
It is not a question of who you know not what you know. If somebody has managed to get an employer sponsored visa without having experience in the given occupation then it is because they have been economical with the truth on the application. It is not because they know the right people.
Was no application involved it was a case of being invited along for a chat with one of the supervisors and a job offer came from that...
Old Apr 13th 2010, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Was no application involved it was a case of being invited along for a chat with one of the supervisors and a job offer came from that...
How he got the job offer is not what we are discussing here is it. We are discussing how to get a visa aren't we..?
Old Apr 14th 2010, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

How he got the job offer is not what we are discussing here is it. We are discussing how to get a visa aren't we..?
Yes, but I've been told more or less I can't, so I'm saying I know someone has done it, yet still being told it's not possible. If my friend can get a job through a mate, then said friend can introduce to me and I can do the same. Just not sure how legal is it, with the information I'm being given on here?
Old Apr 14th 2010, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes, but I've been told more or less I can't, so I'm saying I know someone has done it, yet still being told it's not possible. If my friend can get a job through a mate, then said friend can introduce to me and I can do the same. Just not sure how legal is it, with the information I'm being given on here?

I am sure I have aready commented on that.

You have been told that you do not qualify for an employer sponsored visa as they all require experience, I have provided links to information on the visas confirming this. There is no such thing as an apprentice visa since it was revoked, I have also sent you a link to this.

If you know somebody who has managed to get a visa who is exactly the same as you i.e. no qualifications or experience in the role they are sponsored for then yes they have done something fishy. Or, to give them benefit of the doubt, perhaps the person you know has experience you are not aware of or are even on a partner visa or student visa or something.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

If you know somebody who has managed to get a visa who is exactly the same as you i.e. no qualifications or experience in the role they are sponsored for then yes they have done something fishy. Or, to give them benefit of the doubt, perhaps the person you know has experience you are not aware of or are even on a partner visa or student visa or something.
Ok now have update is on 457 and no experience in position as is in trainee role.
How could that happen if what I've been informed on here is true?
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok now have update is on 457 and no experience in position as is in trainee role.
How could that happen if what I've been informed on here is true?
According to www.immi.gov.au a 457 visa requires experience. It isn't something we invented on BE, take it up with DIAC if you have discovered otherwise.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

According to www.immi.gov.au a 457 visa requires experience. It isn't something we invented on BE, take it up with DIAC if you have discovered otherwise.
If I knew how to contact them I'd ask the question. Seems a tad strange that companies are allowed to get away with under hand deals. But my mate seems very happy with how things have turned out and is encouraging me to go the same route.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 1:15 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

If I knew how to contact them I'd ask the question. Seems a tad strange that companies are allowed to get away with under hand deals. But my mate seems very happy with how things have turned out and is encouraging me to go the same route.
Perhaps get some professional assistance (find good migration agent) rather than trying to contact DIAC.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Who says its a under hand deal?

You did admit that your friend has a trade.... he might not be working in the same trade as he is qualified but he still has a trade... otherwise viewed as useful.

I imagine he probably added this information somewhere on his application and maybe was acknowleged at DIAC discretion, on the other hand you yourself have admitted you have no trade or skill, Nothing , Nada, Zilch, Useless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.