This wasnt enough - any ideas?

Old May 1st 2004, 10:13 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default This wasnt enough - any ideas?

Hi everyone,

I've just got a letter back from the AHC saying they require more information from me to prove my de facto visa. I'm about to go through all my old letters and see if I can find some of things they've asked for which I may have missed out the first time or something.

I've put my TOC below, if anyone can see anything obvious that I've missed out or a big hole please let me know. We have most things on the requirements list I thought, except joint bills which is why they've not been sent.

Many thanks - I feel like awful

PS: my meds were sent separately which is why they're not on there.

Table of Contents: Michelle Bonner & Shane Gilbert

1. Main Forms
Form 40SP
Form 47SP
Form 886 Settlement Details

2. Health and Character
UK Police Clearance
Form 80

3. Identification
Certified copy of Sponsors birth certificate
Certified copy of sponsor’s passport
Certified copy of applicant’s birth certificate
Certified copy of applicant’s passport
Passport photos of sponsor x2
Passport photos of applicant x4

4. Employment Details
Sponsors group certificate, certified copy
Letter of employment for Sponsor
Reference letter from Michelle’s employer in Brisbane
Screen print of jobs available in Brisbane suitable for Michelle
Copy of Michelle’s CV/Qualifications proving employability

5. Our Statements
Statement from Shane on our relationship
Statement from Michelle on our relationship

6. Supporting Statements
Statutory Declaration from Sponsors Mum
Statutory Declaration from mutual friend (Sally)
Letter from Sponsors Daughter (Kayla)
Letter from Sponsors friend (Anthony)
Statutory Declaration from Sponsors friend (Jason)
Statement from my brother (David)
Statement from my Dad (Richard)
Statement from my friend (Claire)
Statement from my friend (Hayley)
Statement from my friend (Natalie)

7. Evidence of living together
Bank Statement showing transfer of funds
Microsoft Money spreadsheet and description
Evidence of applicant at 109 Quinlan Street
Evidence of sponsor at 109 Quinlan Street

8. Evidence of social aspects and life together
Page of photos x3
AFL ticket, Sept 2000 in Brisbane
Pearl Jam tickets, Feb 2003 in Brisbane x2
Gym Membership, in Brisbane x2
Rugby World Cup ticket, Nov 2004 in Brisbane x2
Thank-you card to both of us from Natalie & Amy

9.Evidence of joint holidays
Credit card statement showing hire car in New Zealand
Maui Rentals New Zealand
Plane ticket to Christchurch for Michelle Bonner, July 2003
Email for Shane Gilbert showing details of flight to New Zealand, July 2003
Travel documents for Michelle & Shane to Thailand and UK Jan/Feb 2004
Easyjet flights in France 2004
Easyjet flights in Spain 2004

10. Evidence of contact whilst apart
Phone bills
Relevant page of passport showing travel to Kuala Lumpur, June 2000
Travel documents to Australia Aug/Sept 2001
Old May 1st 2004, 10:40 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This wasnt enough - any ideas?

Originally posted by mlbonner
Argh!!! How annoying, poor you!
You've got heaps of info!!!

Well, what exactly is the above?
Obviously not bills, but what about other things sent to the same adress. Letters, cards...

And bills don't necessarry have to be joint, but if 1 is to you at that address, and another in his name at that address?

Sounds, like you have had bad luck, I reckon if you send a few more tidbits in it should be fine....

Ummm, maybe an extra stat dec from a neighbour saying you lived together??

Good luck!
Old May 1st 2004, 10:52 am
f1junkie

Sander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura about

Hi everyone,

I've just got a letter back from the AHC saying they require more information from me to prove my de facto visa. I'm about to go through all my old letters and see if I can find some of things they've asked for which I may have missed out the first time or something.

I've put my TOC below, if anyone can see anything obvious that I've missed out or a big hole please let me know. We have most things on the requirements list I thought, except joint bills which is why they've not been sent.

Many thanks - I feel like awful

Sorry to hear about your bad luck! Seems to me like you've got plenty of evidence. We'll be applying for a de facto visa too and I think we have about the same evidence as you do...so that's got me worried a bit. Can't think of anything else you could add except for the things Simone mentioned.

Good luck and let us know how you go!

Sander
Old May 1st 2004, 11:49 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

You're poor thing thats really crap!! Last year a guy called Anthony Kirby also had trouble getting his de facto, so I've found some of his threads, have a look. Keep positive he did get it eventually!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=Anthonykirby

Keeping my fingers & Toes crossed for you!!
Old May 1st 2004, 11:58 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Hi again!

Don't know if you've seen this before!

http://www.iarc.asn.au/cis/pdf/cis04.pdf

Will keep my thinking hat on for anymore stuff!
Old May 1st 2004, 12:18 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by BKate
Hi again!

Don't know if you've seen this before!

http://www.iarc.asn.au/cis/pdf/cis04.pdf

Will keep my thinking hat on for anymore stuff!

Thanks for all the information - I have all my fingers crossed! Those threads from AnthonyKirby were useful and have given me a more positive outlook!!

I've managed to dig out quite a bit of correspondance for me for the address ranging from the Feb 2003-Feb2004. Have also found some emails etc dating back to 2000, I didnt send these the first time because I didnt think they wanted that sort of thing, but they may well go now!!

Okay, off to see what else I can rustle up
Old May 1st 2004, 12:21 pm
Paddington Brisbane

Thats good, just send everything I wouldn't worry about it being too much as long as its labelled properly!! How long have you got to get it together?

Have you thought about emailing your case officer and asking exactly what would satisfy them? Couldn't hurt!
Old May 1st 2004, 12:27 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Thats good, just send everything I wouldn't worry about it being too much as long as its labelled properly!! How long have you got to get it together?

Have you thought about emailing your case officer and asking exactly what would satisfy them? Couldn't hurt!

I think you have 47 days to send it in.

I did think about emailing her, but it says quite clearly not to contact her except if my circumstances change.

Really want to get this right now, this feels bad enough, the last thing I want is to be refused!!
Old May 1st 2004, 12:33 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Many thanks - I feel like awful :(

Table of Contents: Michelle Bonner & Shane Gilbert

1. Main Forms
Form 40SP
Form 47SP
Form 886 Settlement Details

2. Health and Character
UK Police Clearance
Form 80

3. Identification
Certified copy of Sponsors birth certificate
Certified copy of sponsor’s passport
Certified copy of applicant’s birth certificate
Certified copy of applicant’s passport
Passport photos of sponsor x2
Passport photos of applicant x4

4. Employment Details
Sponsors group certificate, certified copy
Letter of employment for Sponsor
Reference letter from Michelle’s employer in Brisbane
Screen print of jobs available in Brisbane suitable for Michelle
Copy of Michelle’s CV/Qualifications proving employability

5. Our Statements
Statement from Shane on our relationship
Statement from Michelle on our relationship

6. Supporting Statements
Statutory Declaration from Sponsors Mum
Statutory Declaration from mutual friend (Sally)
Letter from Sponsors Daughter (Kayla)
Letter from Sponsors friend (Anthony)
Statutory Declaration from Sponsors friend (Jason)
Statement from my brother (David)
Statement from my Dad (Richard)
Statement from my friend (Claire)
Statement from my friend (Hayley)
Statement from my friend (Natalie)

7. Evidence of living together
Bank Statement showing transfer of funds
Microsoft Money spreadsheet and description

8. Evidence of social aspects and life together
Page of photos x3
AFL ticket, Sept 2000 in Brisbane
Pearl Jam tickets, Feb 2003 in Brisbane x2
Gym Membership, in Brisbane x2
Rugby World Cup ticket, Nov 2004 in Brisbane x2
Thank-you card to both of us from Natalie & Amy

9.Evidence of joint holidays
Credit card statement showing hire car in New Zealand
Maui Rentals New Zealand
Plane ticket to Christchurch for Michelle Bonner, July 2003
Email for Shane Gilbert showing details of flight to New Zealand, July 2003
Travel documents for Michelle & Shane to Thailand and UK Jan/Feb 2004
Easyjet flights in France 2004
Easyjet flights in Spain 2004

10. Evidence of contact whilst apart
Phone bills
Relevant page of passport showing travel to Kuala Lumpur, June 2000
Travel documents to Australia Aug/Sept 2001
Hi Michelle,

Looks quite thorough to me. When you get to Brisbane you should be offering your services to a couple of migration agents up there, like Tom Drakopoulos for one.

What exactly is the case officer asking for? Sounds like the issue is cohabitation, in which case I can understand why all the joint travel evidence wouldn't cut it, but I doubt the case officer would be calling all of those relatives and friends liars, probably just wanting to tick every box in the reg.1.15A checklist . Speaking of which, you can look at reg. 1.15A yourself through the currently free DIMIA legend service at www.immi.gov.au/legend.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old May 1st 2004, 12:49 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by George Lombard
Hi Michelle,

Looks quite thorough to me. When you get to Brisbane you should be offering your services to a couple of migration agents up there, like Tom Drakopoulos for one.

What exactly is the case officer asking for? Sounds like the issue is cohabitation, in which case I can understand why all the joint travel evidence wouldn't cut it, but I doubt the case officer would be calling all of those relatives and friends liars, probably just wanting to tick every box in the reg.1.15A checklist . Speaking of which, you can look at reg. 1.15A yourself through the currently free DIMIA legend service at www.immi.gov.au/legend.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks George. Thats made me feel a lot better, hopefully it is just a case of ticking boxes. I've been quite busy these past two hours and have already come up with a dozen or so documents that I didnt think would be originally needed but are going to get sent now. My partner is doing the same!!

My Case Officer sent me a letter and it said;

"to date, the evidence you have supplied is not sufficient to make a decision about whether you satisfy the requirements with your sponsor. Therefore, you are required to porivide further information information to substantiate your claims in this regard"

My case office also attached a list for me, which is (i think) the list from Booklet One, covering financial/social/nature of household etc

Thanks for your help
Old May 2nd 2004, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

bindi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Just a couple of things I've been considering putting in our application which may help you?...

- Proof of gifts to each other. Could be receipts, or photos of you with the gift. (What'd he get you for Valentines, or your last birthday or Christmas???)

- Gifts from your parents to the two of you. (My mum gave us some money towards a holiday and I'm going to include that.)

- Proof of household appliances that you've bought together. (We bought a dishwasher on 6 months interest free and I'm trying to make up mind whether to include the receipt or whether it may look daft!)

- Do you go to the same Doctor? If the Doc knows you are a couple then you may be able to get a letter from the GP stating this.

- Invitations to weddings or significant occaisions with both names on.

We haven't submitted our app yet, but these are some little extras we thought of to try to bring out the genuineness of our relationship, rather than just the standard bills/bank statements which could make one of you look like a lodger.

Good luck, please let us know how you get on!!!
bindi
Old May 2nd 2004, 4:03 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by bindi
Hi,

Just a couple of things I've been considering putting in our application which may help you?...

- Proof of gifts to each other. Could be receipts, or photos of you with the gift. (What'd he get you for Valentines, or your last birthday or Christmas???)

- Gifts from your parents to the two of you. (My mum gave us some money towards a holiday and I'm going to include that.)

- Proof of household appliances that you've bought together. (We bought a dishwasher on 6 months interest free and I'm trying to make up mind whether to include the receipt or whether it may look daft!)

- Do you go to the same Doctor? If the Doc knows you are a couple then you may be able to get a letter from the GP stating this.

- Invitations to weddings or significant occaisions with both names on.

We haven't submitted our app yet, but these are some little extras we thought of to try to bring out the genuineness of our relationship, rather than just the standard bills/bank statements which could make one of you look like a lodger.

Good luck, please let us know how you get on!!!
bindi

Thanks for those ideas - I do have proof of gifts to eachother, so I'll be able to provide that.

I managed to 'lose' our wedding invite, but my friend to include in her stat dec that she'd invited us both to their wedding.

I have gifts from his parents for Christmas but it wasnt a joint present, though I may now mention it anyway!

Based on the list my case officer sent me I would include the receipt for the dishwasher, it mentions proving any joint purchases for large items.

Thanks for your help - any more ideas are welcomed!!

Cheers
Old May 2nd 2004, 4:10 pm
Paddington Brisbane

Hi,

What new things have you got so far and when are you hoping to send it all off? Probably a stupid question but does he or you have a will that either of you are named in?

Am really trying to rack my brains at the moment for you!!
Old May 2nd 2004, 4:32 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Hi,

What new things have you got so far and when are you hoping to send it all off? Probably a stupid question but does he or you have a will that either of you are named in?

Am really trying to rack my brains at the moment for you!!

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!

He does have a will but everything is currently being left to his daughter. I don't have a will, I suppose I possibly should do, but at 24 it's even further off than working out my pension scheme!!

Okay, heres what we've found so far (been in London the past 24 hours so not had too much chance to look!), any input is appreciated!!

- more documents addressed to us (individually) at 109 Quinlan St, dating from Feb 2003 till Feb 2004; such as more bank statements, my Priceline members statement, letter from a friend.

- document showing he owns the house and bought it previous to me arriving in Australia (hence why my name isnt on it)

- couple of emails from Dec 2000 & Nov 2001

- bill from Medicare, with address on it and date

- covering letters from some local places where we may wish to hold our wedding reception (since my visa went off I needed a new project!! We aren't planning on getting married for a couple of years, but want to get married in the UK, so I was collecting info to try and make the planning from Australia a bit easier!)

- going to look for the relevant credit card statements for his Christmas and birthday presents (shark dive and 'hundreds' of small things for christmas!)

- screen prints of Microsoft Money - Shane keeps all his finances on here, which is why we are short of bills & receipts. (once on the PC he throws most of them away... oppppsss )

- birthday cards from the past couple of years

- going to ask at the gym we are both members of to see if they still have a copy of my application form, as this has him down as next of kin.

- going to try and get a copy of my contract from my job in Brisbane, as again, this has him down as next of kin.

Working really hard here - bit worried that if I dont get it right this time they'll reject the application though

Ideas! Ideas! Ideas??!!
Old May 2nd 2004, 4:55 pm
Paddington Brisbane

That all sounds good, even if the gym hasn't got your original application what about a headed letter stating the info you require. What about any info connecting you and his daughter because I would imagine that would be quite strong in proving your commitment to each other.
Have you been to parent teacher meetings together, has she been in any school plays (might have the ticket from it) Are you one of the schools point of contacts in case shes ill.
What are your neighbours in Oz like could you ask them for a stat dec saying they've seen you living together you so many months years.....

I'll keep my thinking hat on!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.