Wikiposts

Wardrobes

Old Jan 19th 2003, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I thought it was 'More Furniture Ideas'. But I always think of it as M****r F******g Idiots' since a friend who was so annoyed with the junk they had bought named them that.

I won't miss MFI but I did notice a couple of Ikeas out there which I will enjoy investigating. We have 2 large Ikea wardrobes but we have decided not to take them as we want a new house and they all seem to have built ins.

You are right though Mash the MFI ones NEVER go back together again once you take them apart.
Old Jan 19th 2003, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

ikea is as shite as mfi and is some cases it's a lot worse!!!
-don't be fooled by the ad's...

fyi
mfi and ikea kitchens are made by the same company in the same factory..

cheers

richard
Old Jan 19th 2003, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

MFI = Mullard Furniture Industries ! (If I'm not mistaken)
Old Jan 19th 2003, 10:26 am
Adelaide bound

fishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nice

is there an echo in here
Old Jan 19th 2003, 10:35 pm
Thunder Ace

Default Re: Wardrobes

fishyben wrote in message news:...
    > is there an echo in here

In here, in here, in here......

TA

Old Jan 19th 2003, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Shikse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mashiraz
MFI - Made for idiots!!

Mash...
Oh no, your gonna get PB telling us Australia is MFI - Made for Idiots!.......................................
Old Jan 20th 2003, 4:58 am
Adelaide bound

fishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nice

at the moment the UK seems to be MFI, Made For Immagrants ( the illeagal type ) .
Old Jan 20th 2003, 5:21 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Originally posted by fishyben
Noel Lister and Donald Searle founded MFI as Mullard Furniture Industries. Both men had been buying and selling government surplus stock after the 2nd World War and often met at auctions. They joined forces, based themselves in Edgware, North London, and used the maiden name of Donald Searle's wife for the company name.

God, im an anorak !!!!

I used to think that B & Q stood for Benders & Queers,but it stands for Block & Quail-the founders

BB-Anorakitis-noooooooo......
Old Feb 4th 2003, 6:43 am
Jaj

Default Re: Wardrobes

Everything is definitely not cheap in Australia, especially decent
furniture which can cost a fortune!

Plus there's the hassle of shopping for new things.

By all means get rid of junk, but bring decent furniture with you.
Wardrobes may or may not be needed, depending on the extent to which
you have built-ins, but if they're filled with other things they
shouldn't take up too much space.

Jeremy

>On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 16:40:57 +0000 (UTC), "Margot" wrote:
    >Everything is quite cheap to buy in Australia, compared to overseas. Unless
    >you really love them and don't want to part with them, I'd sell your
    >wardrobes. Use the money saved on shipping to buy new ones over there - if
    >you find you need them.
    >Most homes have built in wardrobes. It's the Queenslander style homes which
    >may not.
    >Margot.

This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction