Waiting times for 175s on MODL

Old May 22nd 2009, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

tezluelle is on a distinguished road
Default Waiting times for 175s on MODL

Hi everyone

Not been on here for a while as we have been feeling quite down about all the changes and delays. However, I thought by now there might be a rough idea about when us 175's who are on the MODL but have been taken off the CSL might have to wait but I can't find anything

We were planning on moving ot OZ in November having applied for our 175 visas in Sept 08 but like many of you on here we are in limbo now. We have sold our house, are paying twice what our mortage as in rent and just have no idea where we stand or what timescale we are now looking at. Even a one that was accurate within a few months would be helpful. Has anybody heard anything????

We applied for State Sponsorship with Queensland in March when we were taken off the CSL but not sure if that will materialise. Any bits of info no matter how small would be very gratefully appreciated!!!!
Old May 22nd 2009, 11:10 am
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Waiting times for 175s on MODL

Originally Posted by tezluelle
Hi everyone

Not been on here for a while as we have been feeling quite down about all the changes and delays. However, I thought by now there might be a rough idea about when us 175's who are on the MODL but have been taken off the CSL might have to wait but I can't find anything

We were planning on moving ot OZ in November having applied for our 175 visas in Sept 08 but like many of you on here we are in limbo now. We have sold our house, are paying twice what our mortage as in rent and just have no idea where we stand or what timescale we are now looking at. Even a one that was accurate within a few months would be helpful. Has anybody heard anything????

We applied for State Sponsorship with Queensland in March when we were taken off the CSL but not sure if that will materialise. Any bits of info no matter how small would be very gratefully appreciated!!!!
Hi tezluelle,

the answer is NO ONE knows, there are all sorts of opinions and speculation out there ranging from 3 months to 3 years, there may be some possible news released around the end of June when the next years quotas begin, but there may not be any news.
all the time there is no definite answers rumours will flow, ignore them, and i know how painful it is sitting on a fence, not knowing when or which way you'll end up going, but that is how it is. sit as comfortably as you can and plan for the future when it comes, it will come.
Old May 22nd 2009, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Ausdrmz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Waiting times for 175s on MODL

Hi,

August 08 MODL applicant here,

Hope we hear some good news by June end or July begining
I am sure DIAC is ready with next Financial Year plans,

My predictions -

1. CSL will be revised by adding some more occupations in it.
(I think, current 40 CSL occupations are not sufficient to meet their target for next FY)

2. MODL processing could be started from July 09 (Parallel to CSL, and which may not be as fast as CSL)

Cheers,

Ausdrmz
Old May 22nd 2009, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

tezluelle is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Darren-Debbie
Hi tezluelle,

the answer is NO ONE knows, there are all sorts of opinions and speculation out there ranging from 3 months to 3 years, there may be some possible news released around the end of June when the next years quotas begin, but there may not be any news.
all the time there is no definite answers rumours will flow, ignore them, and i know how painful it is sitting on a fence, not knowing when or which way you'll end up going, but that is how it is. sit as comfortably as you can and plan for the future when it comes, it will come.

Thanks for that, I am putting it all to the back of my mind at the moment and living as if we will be in the UK for the forseeable future like you suggested! Just sometimes, it gets annoying, especialy explaining it to everyone I see who says 'not long now!' I bloody wish!
Old May 22nd 2009, 11:57 am

Perthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud of

Think positive, and yes, all we can do is wait and keep living (and trying to enjoy) life here in the UK.

Life is what happens when you're making other plans right?

Good luck!

P
x