Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Waiting time will be 1 yr and 1 month this 16Jul, 2005

Waiting time will be 1 yr and 1 month this 16Jul, 2005

Old Jul 13th 2005, 5:04 am
Just Joined

alvarjo is on a distinguished road
Default Waiting time will be 1 yr and 1 month this 16Jul, 2005

Hi,
Is there anyone out there has the same situation as I have? I have filed my application to DIMIA last 16Jun, 2004. It will be 13 month waiting this July, 16, 2005. Still no news on my status of my application. The last message that I received from them is that my application was received by their office last July, 2004.

I email ASPC last June, they told me that my record was existing in their system and waiting time for non MODL general skilled visa will be more than 12 months. Im beginning to worry already, as there is no news at all after their email last 2004 that my documents were acknowleged by their office.

thanks
jra
Old Jul 13th 2005, 6:12 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Waiting time will be 1 yr and 1 month this 16Jul, 2005

I would get in touch with them as that is along time to wait.

We are struggling to cope with our time line but is nothing compared to yours

Trish

Originally Posted by alvarjo
Hi,
Is there anyone out there has the same situation as I have? I have filed my application to DIMIA last 16Jun, 2004. It will be 13 month waiting this July, 16, 2005. Still no news on my status of my application. The last message that I received from them is that my application was received by their office last July, 2004.

I email ASPC last June, they told me that my record was existing in their system and waiting time for non MODL general skilled visa will be more than 12 months. Im beginning to worry already, as there is no news at all after their email last 2004 that my documents were acknowleged by their office.

thanks
jra
Old Jul 13th 2005, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

sunnybeach will become famous soon enoughsunnybeach will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: Waiting time will be 1 yr and 1 month this 16Jul, 2005

Hi Jra,
I think you should be ok because it usually takes more than 12 months for non-modl application as they said. Timeline of my application was 15 months which was very long waiting but it has finally come. I just got it in early July this year even though we sent our application since Feb'04.
So, please be patient as I'm sure you will get it soon.
Cheers,
Sunnybeach

Hi,

thanks
jra
Old Jul 13th 2005, 2:37 pm
Pej
Forum Regular

Pej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nice

Hi,

thanks
jra
There are plenty of applicants from April, May, June 2004 still waiting for visa grants. However, are you saying that you have not even had a request for medicals and Police clearances?
Old Jul 14th 2005, 2:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pej
There are plenty of applicants from April, May, June 2004 still waiting for visa grants. However, are you saying that you have not even had a request for medicals and Police clearances?
Hi,
Yes, no request of medicals or police clearances. The last news was that they email to my agent that my document was acknowlege last July, 2004. After that, no more news. Does it vary? I have a friend who pass her application last Feb, 2005 and received it this May, 2005. We are on the same skill set, both access by ACS.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 8:04 am
Pej
Forum Regular

Pej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nice

Hi,
Yes, no request of medicals or police clearances. The last news was that they email to my agent that my document was acknowlege last July, 2004. After that, no more news. Does it vary? I have a friend who pass her application last Feb, 2005 and received it this May, 2005. We are on the same skill set, both access by ACS.
I see. I'd definately contact ASPC, as you should have had your medical & police clearance request some time ago.

I'd probably phone if it were me, but an email would be OK (emails do not always get a response). You are entitled to contact them after such a long time, as you are understandably concerned.

You should have been allocated a case officer a while ago. If you don't know who your case officer is then use your application reference number to ask who is dealing with your case. Try to make sure you get to speak to your case officer, and not just the staff answering the phone on the general enquiries phone number.

Good luck!
Old Jul 14th 2005, 12:00 pm
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough

you have waited far too long, we applied just before you 9th june 2004 and had med requests 31 may 05 but we have just been put on modl list. but still, i would definetly give them a call to give them a good kick up the a***. , as they said you are on the system so it should be fine, loads of luck and sympathy xx loidy
Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sunnybeach
Hi Jra,
I think you should be ok because it usually takes more than 12 months for non-modl application as they said. Timeline of my application was 15 months which was very long waiting but it has finally come. I just got it in early July this year even though we sent our application since Feb'04.
So, please be patient as I'm sure you will get it soon.
Cheers,
Sunnybeach
Hi SunnyBeach
Would just like to ask on your waiting time of 15 months when you have submitted to ASPC last Feb 04, does it mean that you have received medical from ASPC just this early July?
Thanks very much for sharing your experience.
kind regards,
jra
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:26 pm
Pej
Forum Regular

Hi SunnyBeach
Would just like to ask on your waiting time of 15 months when you have submitted to ASPC last Feb 04, does it mean that you have received medical from ASPC just this early July?
Thanks very much for sharing your experience.
kind regards,
jra
No. I think SunnyBeach got the actual visa granted early July.
See thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...04#post2542004
Old Jul 18th 2005, 5:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pej
No. I think SunnyBeach got the actual visa granted early July.
See thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...04#post2542004

13th months of waiting had passed, still no news on medical request, pcc. I don't know if should email them already, call them or email. I just email them last June. Waiting time is painful, it alfready affects my present work just to check my email and phone my agent...