The Waiting Game

Old Jul 30th 2003, 7:42 am
matethreat

Default The Waiting Game

Hello Everyone,

It Looks like I may have found a forum where people have some experience with immigration to Australia.

I am a Canadian Citizen, and I applied for General Skilled Immigration to Australia on October 22, 2002. Since I placed my application I have visited Australia, and during my last visit I decided to do my medical on my own accord at Helath Services Australia. Then when I returned home from this 3 month Vacation I completed my criminal records check again on my own accord. I don't think there will be any problem having not bee asked to do these as they are both good for one year, and when they go to ask for them they will realise that they are already completed.

My question is I have now been waiting for any kind of communication from them for 9 1/2 months now and I haven't heard a word. I have been contemplating contacting them, by my understanding is that it slows down the process. Does anyone have any experience on the times it should take for things to happen and what would happen if I contacted them about my application, and how can I go about contacting them. Is writing a letter the only way.

Thanks,

Aaron

Old Jul 30th 2003, 8:29 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Waiting Game

Originally posted by matethreat
Does anyone have any experience on the times it should take for things to happen and what would happen if I contacted them about my application, and how can I go about contacting them.
Aaron,

If you wish to contact DIMIA, you may email them. Their email address is available from the Skilled Migration Booklet or the DIMIA website at http://www.immi.gov.au/

http://www.austimeline.com/ is where you can find general information on timelines.

Peter
Old Jul 30th 2003, 8:50 am
matethreat

Default Thanks

I realise that I can send e-mails to that address, but you cannot request specific information about your claim, so it is not going to helo me much. I appreciate your response.

Old Jul 30th 2003, 8:52 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanks

Originally posted by matethreat
I realise that I can send e-mails to that address, but you cannot request specific information about your claim, so it is not going to helo me much. I appreciate your response.
Put your file reference number in the subject line and if you know your case officer's name, address the email to her. That's the way DIMIA case officers prefer to be emailed, anyway.

You could risk calling him/her, but you may get a very rude officer on the other end that may add more agony than relief.

Peter