Wa Stni???

Old May 29th 2005, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

chriso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wa Stni???

How do I find out more about the WA STNI visa?

I have been looking at applying via the Victoria STNI but have family in Perth, would i be better off applying for the WA STNI?
Old May 29th 2005, 11:09 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wa Stni???

Originally Posted by chriso

I have been looking at applying via the Victoria STNI but have family in Perth, would i be better off applying for the WA STNI?

check this out:

http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=341
Old May 29th 2005, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Wa Stni???

Thanks for the link rooksie. Gomatilda are ahead of the game the skills in demand list is not yet on the WA immigration web site.

I was glad to see that my wifes occupation (child care coordinator) is on the top of most areas list.
Old May 29th 2005, 11:48 am
Account Closed

Thanks for the link rooksie. Gomatilda are ahead of the game the skills in demand list is not yet on the WA immigration web site.

I was glad to see that my wifes occupation (child care coordinator) is on the top of most areas list.

wish i could say the same mate!! my hubbie is a plumber but probably get assessed as gasfitter for TRA purposes. would love to go STNI WA so we hope they will be flexible and sponsor a gasfitter come plumber!! hope that makes sense but ive got mother of all hangovers this morning!!
Old May 29th 2005, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Cool Re: Wa Stni???

Originally Posted by Rooksie
wish i could say the same mate!! my hubbie is a plumber but probably get assessed as gasfitter for TRA purposes. would love to go STNI WA so we hope they will be flexible and sponsor a gasfitter come plumber!! hope that makes sense but ive got mother of all hangovers this morning!!
I say that I'm glad her occupation is on their list but it has added more confusion to the whole thing. It has taken us a long time to decide that we could go through with moving to Australia and our plans lied in Victoria. I wish i had chance to experience both areas before deciding but that is out of the question. Could you - or anyone else tell me what is attracting you to WA. I think i might start another thread off under this topic.

Sorry to hear about your hangover and i hope this does not make your head hurt too much.
Old May 29th 2005, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

I say that I'm glad her occupation is on their list but it has added more confusion to the whole thing. It has taken us a long time to decide that we could go through with moving to Australia and our plans lied in Victoria. I wish i had chance to experience both areas before deciding but that is out of the question. Could you - or anyone else tell me what is attracting you to WA. I think i might start another thread off under this topic.

Sorry to hear about your hangover and i hope this does not make your head hurt too much.

tough one - before WA participated STNI we were set on adelaide which i still think is really nice.

our reasons i guess are more job opportunities for hubbie, cheaper housing, better weather.

annoying thing is that plumber has been added to MODL which would have given us extra points for 136 visa and therefore we would be able to go wherever but as i said before, hubbie will be classified as gasfitter which is a real bummer but there you go.

go start that thread!!!
Old May 29th 2005, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

philip is on a distinguished road

Its here www.doir.wa.gov.au/businessandindustry
Old May 29th 2005, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rooksie
tough one - before WA participated STNI we were set on adelaide which i still think is really nice.

our reasons i guess are more job opportunities for hubbie, cheaper housing, better weather.

annoying thing is that plumber has been added to MODL which would have given us extra points for 136 visa and therefore we would be able to go wherever but as i said before, hubbie will be classified as gasfitter which is a real bummer but there you go.

go start that thread!!!
Hope hubbie passes his assessment then it won't really matter what he does once you get there.
Old May 31st 2005, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Hope hubbie passes his assessment then it won't really matter what he does once you get there.
BTT