British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   WA Sponsorship (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/wa-sponsorship-637923/)

hantorro Oct 28th 2009 12:17 pm

WA Sponsorship

Hi all

Sorry if this has been asked before. I was looking at sponsorship in WA for my OH who is a Fitter, i was wondering if anyone else has gone through the process could give me any advice.

Cheers :fingerscrossed:

Sunshine7 Oct 28th 2009 9:02 pm

Re: WA Sponsorship

Hi, we are in the same boat and had WA sponsorship granted early this year, but it seems we will probably still have to wait until 2012 to be processed. :(

toddsim Oct 29th 2009 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Sunshine7 (Post 8052759)
Hi, we are in the same boat and had WA sponsorship granted early this year, but it seems we will probably still have to wait until 2012 to be processed. :(

Hi, We are in the same position as Sunshine, 2012 it is once your SS is granted unless your occupation is on the CSL.

krishnaecetech Oct 29th 2009 7:07 am

Not hearing any news about WA SS status, which months are they currently processing. Any recent succesful applicants please update, current processing time is 4 months right did they extend it further?

Sunshine7 Oct 29th 2009 7:57 am

I think you may be correct about the WA SS processing time being around 4 months, however if you don't have an occupation on the CSL it seems you will still be waiting until 2012 to actually get your visa, regardless of when you are granted state sponsorship.

jen_c Oct 29th 2009 8:50 am

Yes, 4 months. We applied on 5th June and received an email on 5th October. We also received the SS by post, which arrived yesterday, dated 5th October.

hantorro Oct 29th 2009 11:26 am

Thanks guys, i think its still worth my OH applying for the WA Sponsorship, you never know what changes are afoot in the future, its changed so many times since we first applied, demoralising stuff, but my analogy is, it's like snakes and ladders, as long as you still have a through of the dice, yay and we all do. :p

hantorro Oct 29th 2009 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by hantorro (Post 8054280)
Thanks guys, i think its still worth my OH applying for the WA Sponsorship, you never know what changes are afoot in the future, its changed so many times since we first applied, demoralising stuff, but my analogy is, it's like snakes and ladders, as long as you still have a through of the dice, yay and we all do. :p

Ha should say throw of the dice :eek:

Chris N Lora Oct 29th 2009 8:08 pm

We applied for WA SS on 8th july, however due to the new "2012" nonsense we will prob just wait to go to NSW as pointless going WA now when we can go on a 175 rather then be tied into a 176.

Elena Oct 29th 2009 10:20 pm

We applied for WA SS on 21st July and nothing yet. I am on CSL.

moores2525 Oct 29th 2009 10:57 pm

I'm waiting for WA State Sponsorship, applied 3rd July. Should hopefully be anytime soon...and lucky enough to be on the CSL. Cross fingers...

ThKmOZ Oct 30th 2009 6:23 am

seems WA SS same as VIC SS,
Some ppl apply VIC SS and nearly 7 months in time still no reply

Eveelg Oct 30th 2009 6:36 am

Waiting for WA State Sponsorship(applied on 3rd August 2009) to apply for 176 SS Visa, currently on CSL

ThKmOZ Oct 30th 2009 6:38 am

Evee, you can apply 175 first, then change back to 176

krishnaecetech Oct 30th 2009 6:41 am

Seems like there is huge amount of applications going in to WA as most of the occupations demand exist, they have even put a application processing fee recently very smart move by the WA government.

ThKmOZ Oct 30th 2009 6:45 am

yes, WA SS fees cost around 220A$ but VIC SS no need to pay fees :D

krishnaecetech Oct 30th 2009 7:04 am

Originally Posted by ThKmOZ (Post 8056570)
yes, WA SS fees cost around 220A$ but VIC SS no need to pay fees :D

But Victoria has less occupations in demand than WA.

ThKmOZ Oct 30th 2009 7:17 am

yeah, that is also true :D

erco Nov 1st 2009 10:16 am

not really a smart move. Theyre just jumping onto the band wagon with most of the other states. You have to remember that the Australian government is makinga lot of money out of visa fees and to put it into a broad perspective, there is approx 400-500k applicants in the pipeline and only just over 100k visas. If you look on immi.au there is no mention of anything because they are still taking visa fees for 175-176 visas who at this time have no chance of being looked at until 1012.

every 1 on this forum has either paid a visa fee or knows some1that has. Has any 1 heard of somebody having their fee returned?.

Erco

guuuude Nov 1st 2009 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by erco (Post 8061673)
there is approx 400-500k applicants in the pipeline and only just over 100k visas.

who told you this? i mean thats a differnt from 100k application, not really exact:confused:

canyon_flute Nov 6th 2009 5:06 am

Originally Posted by hantorro (Post 8051525)
Hi all

Sorry if this has been asked before. I was looking at sponsorship in WA for my OH who is a Fitter, i was wondering if anyone else has gone through the process could give me any advice.

Cheers :fingerscrossed:

I applied on 20 June'09 but yet to hear from them. I am on CSL and WA demand list, as well. Has there anyone, like my situation, recieved a WA sponsorship?

ThKmOZ Nov 6th 2009 6:10 am

Originally Posted by canyon_flute (Post 8075013)
I applied on 20 June'09 but yet to hear from them. I am on CSL and WA demand list, as well. Has there anyone, like my situation, recieved a WA sponsorship?

hope you to get receive WA SS withing this month :D

canyon_flute Nov 6th 2009 7:29 am

Originally Posted by ThKmOZ (Post 8075090)

Thanks, ThKmOz. Let some flowers shower on your face! :)

whtzau Nov 8th 2009 4:49 am

Dear all,

I am going to apply for WA SS. But, there are several questions need your kind advise.

1. After completing online application form with scanned version of relevant
document, do I still need to send supported document to WA Migration
office ?

2. Since WA does not request applicants to claim "specific" financial
capability evidence For WA SS application,
how much financial evidence is suitable for it ?

:)

ThKmOZ Nov 9th 2009 12:46 am

Originally Posted by whtzau (Post 8080429)
Dear all,

I am going to apply for WA SS. But, there are several questions need your kind advise.

1. After completing online application form with scanned version of relevant
document, do I still need to send supported document to WA Migration
office ?

2. Since WA does not request applicants to claim "specific" financial
capability evidence For WA SS application,
how much financial evidence is suitable for it ?

:)

Normally No need. if they request , you need to provide

as per normal, 20000 AUD for first person and add additional 5000 AUD for follow by applicant, (just roughly)

Elena Nov 17th 2009 9:38 pm

I was wondering if anybody got the WA sponsorship lately. It will be 4 months on 21st of November since I applied, and I am a little worried because I haven't received any feed-back from them and it seems like reading the forum nobody got the sponsorship lately.

paulandcelia Nov 17th 2009 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Elena (Post 8105777)
I was wondering if anybody got the WA sponsorship lately. It will be 4 months on 21st of November since I applied, and I am a little worried because I haven't received any feed-back from them and it seems like reading the forum nobody got the sponsorship lately.

Applied week before you - spoke to someone from WA recently and they implied I would hear from them in the next 3-4 weeks so that would make it nearer 5 months.........it'll be a nice xmas present.

Elena Nov 18th 2009 12:04 am

Thanks for the reply. I decided to call them this Monday to see what is going on. I will guys let you know what was their answer.

hoofie2002 Nov 18th 2009 12:37 am

Originally Posted by erco (Post 8061673)
not really a smart move. Theyre just jumping onto the band wagon with most of the other states. You have to remember that the Australian government is makinga lot of money out of visa fees and to put it into a broad perspective, there is approx 400-500k applicants in the pipeline and only just over 100k visas. If you look on immi.au there is no mention of anything because they are still taking visa fees for 175-176 visas who at this time have no chance of being looked at until 1012.

every 1 on this forum has either paid a visa fee or knows some1that has. Has any 1 heard of somebody having their fee returned?.

Erco

Why shouldn't they make money from the fees or charge ? The taxpayer has to pay for DIMIA.

Fees are non-refundable - that is made very clear from the start.

M_IT_and_F_Nurse-26yrOld Nov 18th 2009 2:47 am

just to put my 10 pence in here guys, we have been over for a year now (the other half is a nurse and has been sponsored) and unless he has been sponsored to work here, i wouldnt even think about moving out until it picks up... regardless of what people say, the work is still not fully available, i know of people who are fully skilled and would walk into a job back in the uk, but they are struggling big time to get any work. And i mean, ANYTHING.

Just thought i would give ya the heads up. Otherwise, good luck and see ya in oz :)

canyon_flute Nov 18th 2009 4:07 am

Originally Posted by Elena (Post 8105777)

Hi Elena,

I applied on 20 June and rcvd the WA sponsorship on 27 Oct. So it was 4 months and 7 days in my case.

CF

canyon_flute Nov 18th 2009 4:12 am

Originally Posted by ThKmOZ (Post 8075090)

Mate, a few days ago, I rcvd the hardcopy letter containing the WA SS, issued to me on 27 Oct'09. I did not rcv any e-mail from them though. So, it has been a little more than 4 months.

Elena Nov 18th 2009 5:12 am

Thanks canyon_flute! Maybe I am getting close to good news. I will share with you whatever it comes.

krishnaecetech Nov 18th 2009 5:18 am

As per the way they are processing currently seems like people are getting the results between their 4th and 5th month :zzz:

moores2525 Nov 19th 2009 8:54 pm

I applied on the 3rd July and called the WA office just under 2 weeks ago to check they had received some updated evidence by email. While I was on the phone I asked them about progress - they told me they are currently processing end of June - beginning of July and that my application should be processed within 2 weeks. The going rate seems to be between 4-5 months but nothing's certain of course.

Elena Nov 19th 2009 9:54 pm

Thank you very much for sharing with us your experience. I am planning to call them this coming Monday. I am curious what they are going to tell me, probably the same like they told you.....

moores2525 Nov 29th 2009 10:27 am

Received WA sponsorship approval on 18 November, so about 4 and a half months :-) Applied on 3 July 2009.

Chris N Lora Nov 29th 2009 10:57 am

We applied on 8/7/09 not heard nothing yet was it via email? hopefully they are getting around to this period.

Chris

paulandcelia Dec 23rd 2009 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by paulandcelia (Post 8105840)
Applied week before you - spoke to someone from WA recently and they implied I would hear from them in the next 3-4 weeks so that would make it nearer 5 months.........it'll be a nice xmas present.

Got my christmas present 2 days early!!!:thumbsup:

hantorro Dec 24th 2009 8:51 am

Lovely Christmas present well done :thumbsup: