Volcanic Ash stopping flights...

Old Apr 18th 2010, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

alanwalker20 has a brilliant futurealanwalker20 has a brilliant futurealanwalker20 has a brilliant futurealanwalker20 has a brilliant futurealanwalker20 has a brilliant futurealanwalker20 has a brilliant futurealanwalker20 has a brilliant future
Default Volcanic Ash stopping flights...

Hiya guys..
Just curious as to what will happen to visa`s already issued and cannot be met because of grounded air flights?
If you have a flight already booked and this situation does continue indefinately... and your initial entry date cannot be met...how would the Australian embassy deal with these issues?

just curious as i have my flight booked for 1st Oct...long way off i know but who knows how long this volcanic ash will last over the UK.

Alan
Old Apr 18th 2010, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Volcanic Ash stopping flights...

http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration/n...isruptions.htm

I just had to cancel my validation trip, although I have until October.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 9:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alanwalker20
Hiya guys..
Just curious as to what will happen to visa`s already issued and cannot be met because of grounded air flights?
If you have a flight already booked and this situation does continue indefinately... and your initial entry date cannot be met...how would the Australian embassy deal with these issues?

just curious as i have my flight booked for 1st Oct...long way off i know but who knows how long this volcanic ash will last over the UK.

Alan
You'd need to contact DIAC and explain your circumstances. There's not going to be one easy answer across the board, though it sounds like they will be sympathetic.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

katleigh is an unknown quantity at this point

my partner needed to get his passport stamped with the visa label,but cant get back to the uk to do so,luckily he is in seoul and is able to get it sorted there.Does anyone knw how the process is in korea with getting ya passport stamped.And also is there anyway u can still enter oz without the stamp,and they check your visa status,or do u have to deffiently have to have visa label.thanks
Old Apr 18th 2010, 5:31 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Alan,

Don't worry! October is too far! I just read that Germany and France has done few test flights and everything was safe!! Looks like things gonna be normal in few days!

Cheers!

- Aman

Originally Posted by alanwalker20
Hiya guys..

Alan