Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

visitor's visa after spouse visa application

visitor's visa after spouse visa application

Old Aug 20th 2001, 10:39 am
Sanjay

G'Day Everybody,

Need some information on applying for a visitor's visa when one has already applied
for a spouse visa. Can it be done? Will the visitor's visa be granted? How long does
it take for the visa to be granted?

As I have mentioned in my previous posting on this newsgroup last week, my wife has
already applied for a spouse visa and, today, I had called up the Australian High
Commission in India and they still say the same thing that the processing period is
9 to 12 months. If that is the case then I would like to call my wife over to Sydney
on a visitor's visa for a few months and then she can return and come back on the
spouse visa.

Any useful information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Regards, Sanjay

Old Aug 20th 2001, 12:12 pm
Jaj

Unfortunately, lodging a spouse visa application is an indicator of wanting to stay
in Australia, and hence getting a tourist visa is a lot harder. An application can of
course be made, but the answer will probably be no, unless she has very strong ties
to India that show she would return after her visit. Jeremy

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Aug 22nd 2001, 9:35 am
Herbie

G'day, Yes it can be done. I actually spoke to someone yesterday whose wife applied
for a tourist visa only weeks after they applied for their spouse visa at Bangkok
embassy. The embassy officer actually advised them to write that they needed to be
together as her reason for visiting here.

When I asked this same question on this NG a year or two ago I was told by many it
would be impossible. But in the end our tourist visa was approved with no hassles.
Give it a well prepared try. It can't hurt (except your wallet for the plane trips).
Regards, Herbie.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Aug 22nd 2001, 10:11 am
Sanjay

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the information. I am thinking of asking my wife to give it a try and see
how it goes.

Regards, Sanjay

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 20:39:15 +1000, "Sanjay" <[email protected]>[/usenetquote2]
wrote:
    >
[usenetquote2]> >G'Day Everybody,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Need some information on applying for a visitor's visa when one has already[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >applied for a spouse visa. Can it be done? Will the visitor's visa be granted? How[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >long does it take for the visa to be granted?[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Aug 22nd 2001, 10:13 am
Sanjay

Hello Herbie,

Thanks for the information. It is good to know that somebody has tried and got the
visa. I will ask my wife to submit an application and see how it goes.

Regards, Sanjay

>
    >
visa
    >
The
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > G'Day Everybody,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Need some information on applying for a visitor's visa when one has already[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > applied for a spouse visa. Can it be done? Will the visitor's visa be granted?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > How long does it take for the visa to be granted?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > As I have mentioned in my previous posting on this newsgroup last week, my wife[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > has already applied for a spouse visa and, today, I had called up the Australian[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > High Commission in India and they still say the same thing that the processing[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > period is 9 to 12 months. If that is the case then I would like to call my wife[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > over to Sydney on a visitor's visa for a few months and then she can return and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > come back on the spouse visa.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Any useful information will be greatly appreciated.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks in advance. Regards, Sanjay[/usenetquote2]