Visa's for Parents!

Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

tchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nice
Default Visa's for Parents!

Hi All!!

We will be applying for PR through OH's company on Employer Sponsored Nomination. My parents want to migrate too. Has anyone done this yet? Can we add them to our application, or do we need to do their's after we get PR? If so how long after getting PR do we need to wait before applying for them?

Thanks !
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:48 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa's for Parents!

Originally Posted by tchouk
Hi All!!

We will be applying for PR through OH's company on Employer Sponsored Nomination. My parents want to migrate too. Has anyone done this yet? Can we add them to our application, or do we need to do their's after we get PR? If so how long after getting PR do we need to wait before applying for them?

Thanks !
Your parents would only be eligible for any type of parent visa if they pass the balance of family test.

You can not add them to your application

Do you have any brothers and sisters....and, if so, where are they?

G
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:51 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hi All!!

Thanks !
Hi

Your first step is to check out the eligibility etc in the Family Migration section of the DIAC website: www.immi.gov.au (I think )

As for the wait period before they can apply - there seems to be differing schools of thought on this - put up a search on this particular forum as it was raised again recently.

Good luck

Jim

ps Hello G - how you going ?
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:53 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimclevs

Hello G - how you going ?
Fine thanks Jim.

Just getting ourselves sorted for the move.

G
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

antmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the rough

isnt there a long waiting list for parent visa`s, i did a check online somewhere and it gives you a rough idea how long. i would have to wait 17 years.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:59 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by antmeister
isnt there a long waiting list for parent visa`s, i did a check online somewhere and it gives you a rough idea how long. i would have to wait 17 years.
The waiting list for the contributory parent visa is much shorter.

I believe it is 15 months - 2 years......although they have been frozen for the time being.

G
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:03 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hi

This wait time is for the non-contributory parent visa - that seems to have increased as it was "only" 15 years not so long ago.

Jim
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:04 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by Grayling
Fine thanks Jim.

Just getting ourselves sorted for the move.

G
That's about time then !

Where will you be settling?

Jim
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:07 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
That's about time then !

Where will you be settling?

Jim
Indeed....just waiting for my wife to retire.

Going to Toowong in Brisbane.

Best not hijack the thread.

I will post a catchup when everything is finalised.

G
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

antmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Grayling
Indeed....just waiting for my wife to retire.

Going to Toowong in Brisbane.

Best not hijack the thread.

I will post a catchup when everything is finalised.

G
WOW nice place, i lived in kenmore near indooroopilly great shopping mall lol
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:13 am
Bitter and twisted

WOW nice place, i lived in kenmore near indooroopilly great shopping mall lol
Indeed

just a few minutes walk from the Regatta.....and the exchange

G
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

tchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nice
Smile Re: Visa's for Parents!

Thanks, so far.....

I have a brother who is in Melbourne, they have a house in UK with no mortgage and good pensions.............. Am I right in thinking there are long term visitor visa's as well? ie... they could come for a year as a visitors?
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:19 am
Bitter and twisted

Thanks, so far.....

I have a brother who is in Melbourne, they have a house in UK with no mortgage and good pensions.............. Am I right in thinking there are long term visitor visa's as well? ie... they could come for a year as a visitors?

How long has your brother been there?

He could sponsor them if he meets the reqirements.

The CP visa takes a couple of years at most once they are sponsored.

G
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Brother has been here less than us, but OH has been head hunted and so new 457!

Hoping to get parents here sooner! Will give it a go!

Thanks guys!