Visas

Old Jun 11th 2011, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

allisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really nice
Default Visas

Hi all, info appreciated!

If I was to go and 'try' australia to see if I like living and working there would a 457 visa be the best option? Then if I like it I could then apply for a PR.

By going to try out Oz i could then rent out my house before making any final decisions.

Im a 38 year old public health school nurse and there are jobs in Oz that I could apply for.

Thanks for any info x
Old Jun 11th 2011, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visas

For me the best option was getting skilled migrant visa and going with PR from the outset, your best option might be different and going on a 457 to try it out is certainly one way of doing it. Nurses usually have the flexibility of a couple of options.

I would just make sure that you pass the points test and will continue to do so after age 40 should you decide to apply for PR at a later date. You might have an employer that is willing to sponsor you for PR, in which case you won't need to pass a points test, but you never know do you.