visa validation .. but what next?

Old Jul 23rd 2004, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

shivu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa validation .. but what next?

Hi,

we got our and we are heading to Melbourne. Just wanted to know what we need to do after arriving in Melbourne? I heard people talking about centerlink and TFN.. can some one explain and refer the link where we find info..

Thanks in advance....

Shiv
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 7:12 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Default Re: visa validation .. but what next?

Originally posted by shivu
Hi,

we got our and we are heading to Melbourne. Just wanted to know what we need to do after arriving in Melbourne? I heard people talking about centerlink and TFN.. can some one explain and refer the link where we find info..

Thanks in advance....

Shiv
Shiv
The best place again in www.immi.gov.au

I read there the list of things you have to do when you arrive in Aus.

like medcare
TFN, centrelink registration, getting mobile etc etc...
Rent a house, cabel, internet connection, finding a job going shopping
Hope you can find it there or else there are guys who can provide you a list of information what to do....
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 7:19 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: visa validation .. but what next?

Originally posted by shivu
Hi,

Thanks in advance....

Shiv

Hey there,

Have a look at this - I don't think you can apply for one until your visa is validated, then you can either do it online or at any ATO Office. http://www.ato.com.au/individuals/keywordlist.asp?k=TFN

This is quite useful
http://www.immi.gov.au/settle/index.htm

Also go to Medicare office and register there, you just need to take your passport about 10 days after you arrive and ask to register.

If you search on mainly the Lifestyle & Culture forum there are lots of useful threads about what to do.

Hope this helps some