Visa validation?

Old May 13th 2008, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

louisey66 will become famous soon enough
Default Visa validation?

Can anyone tell me, does the primary applicant on the visa require to be in Australia initially to validate or can the secondary applicant go out and set things up (i.e rental agreement, work etc) a few months early before the lead name arrives???
Old May 13th 2008, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa validation?

Originally Posted by louisey66
Can anyone tell me, does the primary applicant on the visa require to be in Australia initially to validate or can the secondary applicant go out and set things up (i.e rental agreement, work etc) a few months early before the lead name arrives???
Hi

It may depend on your particular visa but for the 175 the primary applicant has to enter Oz first, followed by other applicants at any time up until the validation date.

Hope that helps

Sam
Old May 13th 2008, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

louisey66 will become famous soon enough

Thank you, it is a 175 visa.
Old May 13th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louisey66
Thank you, it is a 175 visa.
Hi again

Our visa grant is quite specific about main applicant (hubby) being the first one to enter Oz, followed by me and the children.
What does your say?

Sam
Old May 14th 2008, 7:14 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi

... for the 175 the primary applicant has to enter Oz first, followed by other applicants at any time up until the validation date.

Hope that helps

Sam
Usually this is true but it depends on how the visa was issued, I *think* that they are supposed to be issued with a 850x(2?) condition to enforce the primary applicant entering first but sometimes this is left off for whatever reason in which case any of the applicants can enter first.
Old May 14th 2008, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Usually this is true but it depends on how the visa was issued, I *think* that they are supposed to be issued with a 850x(2?) condition to enforce the primary applicant entering first but sometimes this is left off for whatever reason in which case any of the applicants can enter first.
Yeah, we have the condition 8502 on our visa grant letter which says:

"The holder of the visa must not enter Australia before the entry to Australia of the primary applicant."

Obviously if they have not put this on the visa grant letter, I guess you wold be able to enter in which ever order you like?

Sam