visa timelines + pregnancy

Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Growler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa timelines + pregnancy

Hi Gang,

Quick question for my sister in law, who we are doing an application for.

They applied in July 2006 for 136 skilled independant, and we still have not had a CO assigned. We have tried calling, but the number is constantly engaged. If anyone has a contact number, that would be great.

The other thing is, the application was front loaded with medicals and police checks.

Now, my sister in law has found out she is pregnant, due in September. What are the potential time line issues (visa granted in July with entry before August for example) and visa issues (once the baby is born).

I would appreciate any advice on both issues, as many others who have entered application after ours, seem to have had a CO.

How long does an application take after a CO is assigned?

Thanks again,
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa timelines + pregnancy

Hi there,

sorry i cant help you on baby front but if you do a search you will find the answer your looking for as i'm sure i've read a similar story in the last week or two...

There have been cases where people get granted straight away from CO but generally they take about 4 wks....

There is a standard enquiry form on DIMMA website you will need to fill it in and they should get back to you in a couple of days ( i read that somewhere too)

we are still waiting for our TRA i'm afraid..

Sorry i couldnt help you more... S-j x good luck and best wishes for pregnant lady
Old Mar 1st 2007, 12:13 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Growler
Hi Gang,

Quick question for my sister in law, who we are doing an application for.

They applied in July 2006 for 136 skilled independant, and we still have not had a CO assigned. We have tried calling, but the number is constantly engaged. If anyone has a contact number, that would be great.

The other thing is, the application was front loaded with medicals and police checks.

Now, my sister in law has found out she is pregnant, due in September. What are the potential time line issues (visa granted in July with entry before August for example) and visa issues (once the baby is born).
It really depends on:

- could she validate visa before baby is born (remember there are flying restrictions in late-term pregnancy); and
- if yes to the first question, would baby be born in Australia or UK.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Growler is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
It really depends on:

- could she validate visa before baby is born (remember there are flying restrictions in late-term pregnancy); and
- if yes to the first question, would baby be born in Australia or UK.
Well, the validation depends on when it is granted. Thats part of the issue. If its granted soon, then yes, they can certainly travel here to validate, and will probably end up staying; if not though, then would be interesting to know options.

Luckily, with it being front loaded, medicals are not an issue!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the validation depends on when it is granted. Thats part of the issue. If its granted soon, then yes, they can certainly travel here to validate, and will probably end up staying; if not though, then would be interesting to know options.

If it's granted before baby is born and they can get here then great, there's no problems at all. If baby is born in Australia then it will get Australian Citizenship because they are here on a PR visa.

If baby is born in the UK then they will need to apply for a child visa for the baby to be able to bring it to Australia to live here.

Was their skill on the MODL?
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Remember that the closer you get to the due date the more problems you will have finding an airline preared to carry the mother-to-be.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Uuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the rough

So my OH came back back from her first checkup with the Doctor and the doctor said that as long as a shield is used then there should be no problems having an xray. This would be great as we wont have a huge delay. So will DIMA refuse the Meds unless we let on we didnt know she was pregnant. Like she will be 4-5 months gone when we do them.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:39 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

The validation does not depend on when it is granted. It depends on when the medicals and police checks were done. You have a year from the date of the earliest one to validate. So if they've had the medicals or police checks done a very long time ago they will have a short window to validate.

Your options are:
-have baby in UK and get passports and child visa and then move to Australia (a very rushed option, would not try that)
-wait for visa and then quickly validate (as long as airline permits travel), once you return you will have to get the babys birth certificate, passport and then apply for a child visa
-move to Australia before the validation date and have the baby there, the baby should automatically get citizenship

I was also pregnant when we applied, but I had time to have the baby and get passports before we all had the medicals done (baby too). We applied around June 16th and got a case officer and visa the same day on Dec 2nd. So if they've front loaded a while ago they could get a CO and a visa on the same day, provided there are no other issues of course.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:21 am
Just Joined

pestra is an unknown quantity at this point

If pregnent lady enters without chest xray (can be done as I did it) then she must conatct health dpartment as soon as arriving. She will then be on a health undertaking as a TB risk (!) If she needs to travel again before baby comes, she must inform the health department as its their obligation to inform other countries of the TB risk.