Visa Subclass 151 Former Resident Visa

Old Aug 19th 2011, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

melaniet84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Subclass 151 Former Resident Visa

Hello everyone,

I'm new here but I'm looking for advice on Former Resident Visa, subclass 151.

I grew up in Australia between the ages of 5 and 16. 1989-2001 before returning to the UK with my parents .

I now have a fiance and 3 children.

In about 6 months, I'm wanting to put in for this Visa.

Please help me get as much info as possible to provide.

I have contacted my schools- have full schooling dates for high school and primary school.

I cannot get hold of the doctor as yet. Have written a letter but nothing back.

I have been in and out of touch with family in Australia. I lost contact and then got back in touch about 5 years ago. We don't speak much as in full conversations but we are on each others facebook and sometimes have conversations but it's mostly just commenting.

A major question as well, how much should I save to move over there and to do us until we find jobs?

I love Australia, it is my home, I just cannot find the UK as my home.

The reasons I haven't gone back sooner is that I didn't have the money, and then 3 years ago my mum and step-father were going through a divorce, I took care of my step-father who is mentally ill. His new wife moved in with him 2 days ago so I no longer have to deal with it now so now I'm ready!

Please help with advise on what I need to gather. Is it photo's too? I've also an emailed letter off my school friend who I have kept in touch with.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 5:43 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Subclass 151 Former Resident Visa

Hi melaniet84 and welcome to B.E.

I can't answer you questions I'm afraid but wanted to respond just in case you think you're being ignored (it's 3.41 am here at the mo - I'm listening to the cricket) and you may not get many answers until our morning.

If you haven't seen it, have a look at http://www.immi.gov.au/

Enjoy B.E.

A.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Thank you.

I've had a look on there and even emailed then but they just email me back the same info lol so not much help!

That's okay, I've time to wait for replies.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Examples of acceptable evidence of 'close ties (business, cultural or personal ties) with Australia' include:

frequent correspondence with relatives and/or friends in Australia
evidence of frequent visits to Australia for business, cultural or personal reasons
evidence of ownership of property in Australia and evidence of an ongoing active interest in that property
evidence of other economic or business interests in Australia in which you have an ongoing active concern.
Well it looks reasonably clear that you need to show the above.

Have you travelled to Australia regularly? Do you have a property there? Sounds like your family links are a bit of a stretch but perhaps they would support you? Perhaps your friend can confirm that you have kept in touch with her.

I am not sure why you are contacting schools and your old doctor.

This visa is not one that we see a lot of on here, so there might not be a lot of people who have been through it.

I would not worry about jobs and money, you haven't got the visa yet.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

It is for proof of dates that I was in Australia during those years.

I can get friends and family to write letters but do I need to have proof, ie copies of emails, phone bills etc as proof or does letters to say I've kept in contact suffice?

I understand what I need to provide but I guess my question is how much and how in depth proof do I need?
Old Aug 19th 2011, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

I haven't visited Australia since leaving and I don't own any property or the like there either
Old Aug 19th 2011, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Could you prove you lived there through old passports / visa details? Your parents might still have that stuff.

Regarding evidence, go into as much depth as you are able..? If you have letters, etc than use them, if you don't then there is nothing you can do about it.

I think not having visited for ten years weakens your case and as such I would probably not recommend you try to handle this application yourself, I would get professional assistance.
Old Aug 20th 2011, 3:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melaniet84
It is for proof of dates that I was in Australia during those years.

I can get friends and family to write letters but do I need to have proof, ie copies of emails, phone bills etc as proof or does letters to say I've kept in contact suffice?

I understand what I need to provide but I guess my question is how much and how in depth proof do I need?
The only person I remember applying for (and getting) this visa is Jaycee1
http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=45708
She posted a lot of stuff about gathering evidence etc. Have a look at her posts - if you click on the link it'll take you to her profile and you can find her posts from there. She still uses the forum regularly so might be worth getting in touch
Old Aug 20th 2011, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Thank you Pollyanna, I've been having a look at Jaycee's threads.

I haven't my old passport and my parents don't either, that's why I've got letters from my old schools with dates of when I attended. My mum have proof of their mortgage and also school photos.

I can print facebook convos with Aussie friends and family and I can also obtain letters from the but that is all I have got.

I think my reasons for not being back to Australia will be okay but then not sure. As well as the above, my mum's 2 brothers, sister and mother all passed away during this time.

I'm very close to my family over there, my 2 cousins practically bought me up (they are quite a bit older than me). The thing is I haven't much proof. I only have the past 18 months of convos on facebook and no phone proof as we've used skype etc.
Old Aug 20th 2011, 2:56 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Ian Harrop is a good option normally for professional assistance on this kind of visa: http://www.ianharrop.co.uk
DIAC normally keep good movement records of people into and out of Australia so they may have this data anyway. You can always do a Freedom of Information request on form 424 but this may take some time.

It's unfortunate the parents did not (apparently) take the opportunity to become citizens when they were eligible.