Visa Sub Class 190

Old Apr 26th 2013, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

LThomson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Sub Class 190

Hi

Do I get the benefit of sponsorship for the Visa Subclass 190.
I have eligible relatives in Sydney and they are Australian citizens.
Can they sponsor me for the Visa subclass 190.

My Visa consultancy informed me that this is possible. But i could not find any such information in Australian immigration web site

Please help.

Thanks,
LThomson
Old Apr 26th 2013, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Sub Class 190

Originally Posted by LThomson
Hi

Do I get the benefit of sponsorship for the Visa Subclass 190.
I have eligible relatives in Sydney and they are Australian citizens.
Can they sponsor me for the Visa subclass 190.

My Visa consultancy informed me that this is possible. But i could not find any such information in Australian immigration web site

Please help.

Thanks,
LThomson
No they are not eligible relatives, because you say they are in Sydney and people based in Sydney cannot sponsor, family sponsors need to be in regional areas.

Also, they would not sponsor for a 190 visa, the 190 visa requires a state sponsor. Families living in regional area might be able to sponsor for the 489 visa, so long as the main applicant is in an occupation on schedule 1.

To be honest, family sponsorship means very little and should be drawn upon only as a last resort anyway.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

MarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant futureMarkNortham has a brilliant future
Default Re: Visa Sub Class 190

Excellent post by Bermudashorts - I would only add that in addition to the regional restrictions on the 489 visa, family-sponsored 489 visa applications are given a very low priority at DIAC and can result in processing times measured in years, not months.

I'd look more closely at state and territory sponsorship to see what states are sponsoring for your particular occupation and what (if any) additional requirements they may have for your particular occupations - some states add on additional IELTS requirements, work requirements, local educational requirements, etc.

Best,

Mark Northam