Visa question please help

Old Mar 23rd 2012, 4:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa question please help

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Oh really? Can you tell me how I'll be feeling next Wednesday at 7.33pm please?

I'm not embarrassed in the slightest. You wanted to circumvent the rules. We gave you the links that we had. Fair play, DIAC have altered them. Which we found out after Pollyana did what you couldn't be arsed to do.

It doesn't change my following points to Pollyana that this is open to abuse. I've been on here long enough to see that coming.
And until I looked deeper I didn't know they'd changed either. Does kind-of illustrate my point about if the situation is unusual then contacting an agent could pay off. I'm with you in being afraid that it throws the system open to abuse - not a reflection on the OP as I don't know their circumstances, but I can see a lot of rule-manipulation going on.

OP, I do find it strange that you hadn't tracked down the info for yourself but rang DIAC. And looking back to the days when I applied for a Spouse Visa, I knew the contents of that booklet off by heart, I used to dream about paragraphs in it! Please do yourself a favour, download the booklet from the link I posted and read it, throughly, back to front and upside down. make sure you can provide everything else they ask for; even if you can waive the 12 months you still have hoops to jump through.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 4:11 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And until I looked deeper I didn't know they'd changed either. Does kind-of illustrate my point about if the situation is unusual then contacting an agent could pay off. And looking back to the days when I applied for a Spouse Visa, I knew the contents of that booklet off by heart, I used to dream about paragraphs in it! I'm with you in being afraid that it throws the system open to abuse - not a reflection on the OP as I don't know their circumstances, but I can see a lot of rule-manipulation going on.

OP, I do find it strange that you hadn't tracked down the info for yourself but rang DIAC. Please do yourself a favour, download the booklet from the link I posted and read it, throughly, back to front and upside down. make sure you can provide everything else they ask for; even if you can waive the 12 months you still have hoops to jump through.
Absolutely. I completely agree.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

MissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by ebriscombe
I've no issue with you, just mrsgreenstar is a bit embarassed that she was wrong became confrontational and disregarded what I said so I felt it was appropriate to point that out and finalise the conversation. In response to what you've said I can only assume this is the result of a federal government with state laws superceding federal laws like the liqour licensing laws being different in qld vs nsw.
Well done Ed. Positive thinking and the law on your side may well see you through. Don't worry about the neysayers looking for an angle or an arguement. You where right, but make sure that your grammar, typo's and speeling is corect or the next reply will sleight you for it.

Go for it and enjoy......good luck.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 4:41 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissingOZ
Well done Ed. Positive thinking and the law on your side may well see you through. Don't worry about the neysayers looking for an angle or an arguement. You where right, but make sure that your grammar, typo's and speeling is corect or the next reply will sleight you for it.

Go for it and enjoy......good luck.
No-one - until you came along - was looking for an argument. Its actually been a very interesting discussion, which should help posters in the future. As for your comment about typos - not sure where that came from but it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Furthermore, if you derail another thread in the same way as the one I just closed you may find yourself banned for a while.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

MissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No-one - until you came along - was looking for an argument. Its actually been a very interesting discussion, which should help posters in the future. As for your comment about typos - not sure where that came from but it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Furthermore, if you derail another thread in the same way as the one I just closed you may find yourself banned for a while.
I wasn't looking for an argument and didn't start one. I responded to the condesending tone of someone who got out of the wrong side of the bed and who refuses to accept that they are wrong. They have jumped to this thread and are doing the same. Two posters on the reciving end in two hours..and you threaten to ban me. cool. Crack on.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 5:25 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by MissingOZ
I wasn't looking for an argument and didn't start one. I responded to the condesending tone of someone who got out of the wrong side of the bed and who refuses to accept that they are wrong. They have jumped to this thread and are doing the same. Two posters on the reciving end in two hours..and you threaten to ban me. cool. Crack on.
All you are achieving is the derailing of another thread. Hope you are satisfied.