which visa for my wife?

Old Jul 6th 2010, 10:49 am
Just Joined

davidhagen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default which visa for my wife?

I'm a NZ citizen who has been working in NZ for the last 10 years. I started a new job from 24 may.

I got married in last December. I applied for spouse visa and it taking ages for NZ immigration. Since then I visited my wife twice - she lives in Bangladesh. Immigration keep telling me they will contact me if they require any additional thing. So, I'm sick of it.

I decided to move to Australia. I was going to apply for visa 461. Someone told me I should ask my wife to apply when I'm in Australia and I must have a job there.

I think I'm getting a job in Melbourne soon. As soon as I move to Australia I will ask my wife to apply for visa 461.

I have been to Australia once(2008).

Can anyone tell me whether visa 461 is the appropriate ? Who should apply ? Me or my wife? What will be basic requirements? Do we need to live at least 1 year together to consider as couple? Any suggestion would be great.

Regards
Old Jul 7th 2010, 4:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which visa for my wife?

If you're not an "eligible" NZ citizen (apparently not, based on what you say) then 461 is probably the only short term option.

Have you got any plan to get permanent residence in Australia?

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/461_visa

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/New_Ze...s_in_Australia
Old Jul 7th 2010, 9:58 am
Just Joined

davidhagen is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the reply.

I don't know much about Employee nomination. I myself a web developer and most likely I will be getting a job in Melbourne. If I stay two years as a NZ citizen and working in AU. Can I apply for PR ? If I get a PR will my wife also get a PR ? I'm just worried about my wife's situation. I don't want put her situation in a situation where she needs to keep renewing her visa 461.

Regards
Old Jul 9th 2010, 12:50 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidhagen
Thank you for the reply.

I don't know much about Employee nomination.
Then you need to start finding out! - start at http://www.immi.gov.au

I myself a web developer and most likely I will be getting a job in Melbourne. If I stay two years as a NZ citizen and working in AU. Can I apply for PR ?
You can always apply but unless you meet the requirements you will be refused! 2 years working on a 444 visa (NZ citizen) may help you but you still need a skilled occupation + employer sponsorship + other requirements + rules may change. You may have options to get PR sooner than that.

If I get a PR will my wife also get a PR ?
Yes - as long as she is included on the application. Note the health and character checking required for PR.

Are you a naturalised NZ citizen?